IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

I read that a lot of people that tried going online got their MP character glitched/deleted AND their SP save file screwed up. Something with characters not being switchable anymore and missions not starting. I'm afwaid of losing all my progress.

Guest bitroast

I've been playing it online since Saturday on and off, and quite honestly it's working really solidly for me. In fact, I would like to rant about just how amazing GTA:O really is. It adds a whole 'nother level of depth to the game. Adding real, online people to the GTA City makes it a lot more alive and real. Bumping into other characters and not knowing if they'll be happy to join you and do stupid stuff together, or (like 99% of the people I encountered) will turn guns on you start trying to kill you. It's just, a completely different gameplay style to GTA V. And it adds a lot to the online sandbox world that is the GTA universe. It's quite good to see it has finally been implemented well.

IMO DayZ captures the best of this experience you are describing and while GTAO scratches that itch pretty damn well I think ultimately DayZ will provide a more immersive and rewarding experience in the long run. That is really if rockstar don't put more development dollars into GTAO. It needs some work and a lot of content to work in the long term I think.

Yes! My brother made that comparison to DayZ just the other day.

I hope they add the content and beef this experience good and proper. Like you were saying. Because I want it to work. I would be quite happy just playing this on/off for quite some time. It encourages goofiness and humour and is all the more fun in a community environment, with friends, etc.

I noticed that the rocket launcher unlocks at level100 at ammunition. Getting rocket launchers and tanks and jets and things is all the more incentive to keep playing. Just to have added insanity when playing online.

One of my goals the other day was to drive up to a stranger and jump in their car as a passenger. Not many people took it well. I was laughing the whole time:)

I read that a lot of people that tried going online got their MP character glitched/deleted AND their SP save file screwed up. Something with characters not being switchable anymore and missions not starting. I'm afwaid of losing all my progress.

Sucks if it has happened.

But in order to prevent it, you should make sure to go back to singleplayer before quitting the game.

Two questions for those who've completed the game:

Whatever happened to Michael's boat? I was expecting it to turn up in the final stages. Maybe the son would have got into trouble trying to get it back or something. Anyone found it?

And I can't remember which mission it was exactly. But Trevor shoots down a plane over the Alamo Sea, and I was like 'oh, I guess I'll be going back to that area later in the game with a scuba-kit to salvage all that loot'. But it never happened. In fact, the scuba-kit was never formally introduced. I can only ever get it by getting out of a submarine... So I got the scuba kit from the nuclear waste submarine, swam south to a jetski, rode up the river to the Alamo Sea and started scuba-diving around. But it's murky as fuck in there, and actually a little scary. Am I ever supposed to find whatever fell out of that plane?

Two questions for those who've completed the game:

Whatever happened to Michael's boat? I was expecting it to turn up in the final stages. Maybe the son would have got into trouble trying to get it back or something. Anyone found it?

And I can't remember which mission it was exactly. But Trevor shoots down a plane over the Alamo Sea, and I was like 'oh, I guess I'll be going back to that area later in the game with a scuba-kit to salvage all that loot'. But it never happened. In fact, the scuba-kit was never formally introduced. I can only ever get it by getting out of a submarine... So I got the scuba kit from the nuclear waste submarine, swam south to a jetski, rode up the river to the Alamo Sea and started scuba-diving around. But it's murky as fuck in there, and actually a little scary. Am I ever supposed to find whatever fell out of that plane?

for the 2nd one. I believe you can get scuba gear from the black speed boats (military one) and there is a plane wreck in the sea you just gotta find the right location. Google it?

wanted to see that yoga mission so watched this video:

oh the humanity. this stupid person!

i feel ashamed for watching this listening to this asshole.

Apparently we'll all become very rich very soon.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

Not sure what to think about this, since I quite like working to achieve all this stuff. But meh.. I'll just buy a garage and lots of cars.

If you don't want them, you can always send the money to me. I think my character needs to expand his fedora collection soon-ish.

If you get anymore fedoras, I'm afraid you might become too coolshit28

So is gta online good?

It's crack (when it's working)

Guest Gravity

Sucks if it has happened.

But in order to prevent it, you should make sure to go back to singleplayer before quitting the game.

Thanks, I'll try that. May wait a few days however just in case.

I have these tracks stuck in my head... Always something new to listen to when a GTA game comes out, R* knows how to pick tracks.

Just completed the game. The ending was pretty anti-climatic.. But whatever, it's one the best games I've ever played.

Read Dead Redemption is still my favorite Rockstar game though.

Guest Gravity

Just completed the game. The ending was pretty anti-climatic.. But whatever, it's one the best games I've ever played.

Which ending did you choose? I picked C, enjoyed that a lot.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Same here, picked c. i liked the ending. though i was a little confused why Trevor was just alright with what Micheal did to him.

Guest Gravity

Same here, picked c. i liked the ending. though i was a little confused why Trevor was just alright with what Micheal did to him.

Yeah, what Micheal did was fucked up. I guess Trevor decided to just let it go after all they've been through together, betrayal and all. I donno. Still gotta play out the other two endings as I left a save point right there, should be fun.

Yeah, what Micheal did was fucked up. I guess Trevor decided to just let it go after all they've been through together, betrayal and all. I donno. Still gotta play out the other two endings as I left a save point right there, should be fun.

I found the other two endings to be really out of character for Franklin. Ending A maybe makes a bit of sense if you let Michael finish the job, but Ending B was just ridiculous.

Ending C was maybe a bit too 'perfect' but it left me very satisfied. Good to see a happy ending for once in a Rockstar game.

Archived