IGNORED

Dark Souls

Joyrex

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was driving me nuts last night. I switched up to a scimitar after playing most of the game with a longsword, and it took me absolutely ages to get used to the new attack patterns and break my old habits.

But I eventually killed that big fucking butterfly. It was pretty simple when it came down to it - certainly not as tough as those effing belltower gargoyles. Next stop, capras demon. I've had a few goes at it, but the room it's in is so small that I get pinned by those fucking dogs and chopped down straight away.

Fuck you, demons! Fuck you!

Guest AcrossCanyons

no framerate fixes tho... imo the games worst fault. i thought it was just blighttown that got hit hard but even the painted world is raped by it. how?

This game was driving me nuts last night. I switched up to a scimitar after playing most of the game with a longsword, and it took me absolutely ages to get used to the new attack patterns and break my old habits.

But I eventually killed that big fucking butterfly. It was pretty simple when it came down to it - certainly not as tough as those effing belltower gargoyles. Next stop, capras demon. I've had a few goes at it, but the room it's in is so small that I get pinned by those fucking dogs and chopped down straight away.

Fuck you, demons! Fuck you!

run to the right immediately. may have to roll/jump to dodge the attacks, but if you make it run up the stairs and try to get the dogs before capra follows you. the rest of the fight is easy then. this battle is decided in the first 5 seconds.

・ The lower part coordinates the necessary soul of the acquittal (Toon's level×2000souls ⇒ Toon's level×500souls)

That made me particularly happy, as paying for absolution now would cost a small fortune.

Twinkling titanite for sale too.

Blighttown isn't that bad since most of it is essentially optional, just take the back entrance instead.

Capra demon was easy for me, altho I think I got lucky. I was able to kill both dogs with a single swing of my battle axe, then I ran up the stairs and did a drop attack on the Capra who fell off the stairs trying to get to me. Once the dogs are dead, only attack the capra after he does that swing with both hands, his timing is pretty obvious.

Hardest thing about capra is the dogs, the demon itself is cake..n but those dogs can muck up thefoght bad if they stunlock you.

Hardest thing about capra is the dogs, the demon itself is cake..n but those dogs can muck up thefoght bad if they stunlock you.

Yeah, once I'd nailed the strategy for running past the dogs, the demon was pretty simple. Firebombs and a +5 scimitar made short work of him.

Now fighting my way through the Depths - but I fell down a hole and got cursed by a bunch of nasty froggies, which is a pain in the arse. But I've got enough souls to buy my way out of it, I think.

I love this game. I wish I had more time to play it. Hours just seem to disappear into it, and it always takes me an hour or so when I start playing to warm up. But my responsibilities (job, girlfriend, life etc.) are keeping me from playing as much as I could. Fucking life.

Got a free weekend coming up, though - going to spend hours chasin' souls. Souls! SOULS!

You can buy curse-healing items from the lady merchant by the shortcut to the Depths (the aqueduct that forms the passage to Undead Burg from Firelink), for 6,000 souls each.

You can buy curse-healing items from the lady merchant by the shortcut to the Depths (the aqueduct that forms the passage to Undead Burg from Firelink), for 6,000 souls each.

That's true, but the guy in the belltower has them for half the price.

Anyway, last night I fought my way through the depths and finally upgraded my pyromancy flame and bought some new spellz. In the course of about ten minutes, I'm twice as deadly as I was before - and tonight, that Gaping Dragon is going the fuck DOWN.

I understand that probably noone cares about this, but I feel the need to record my achievements. I can't remember the last time I played a game which gave me such an immense amount of satisfaction for every little victory.

That's true, but the guy in the belltower has them for half the price.

Anyway, last night I fought my way through the depths and finally upgraded my pyromancy flame and bought some new spellz. In the course of about ten minutes, I'm twice as deadly as I was before - and tonight, that Gaping Dragon is going the fuck DOWN.

I understand that probably noone cares about this, but I feel the need to record my achievements. I can't remember the last time I played a game which gave me such an immense amount of satisfaction for every little victory.

You're posting in the right thread for it.

these big knights that slow you before the moonlight butterfly are so annoying....should I be killing the butterfly and other things in the garden and basin before going further into the depths?

It really doesn't matter, you can go in any order you want. However, after the Butterfly the enemies do get tougher, but not by a lot. By the way, further into the Depths, to me, translates to "Blighttown". There's a few more bosses in Dark Root if want to keep going.

Enemies in blight town are piss easy. It's the frame rate, poison and very narrow paths that make it difficult... but really the areas difficulty is exaggerated.

Probably selling the game tomorrow. Last area I have left is tomb of the giants, and its just too tedious at this point... and I'm broke and want to pay off my skyrim preorder.

After watching my housemate struggle with blighttown, I was prepared for an almighty fuss - but really, with a decent poison resistance (pyromancer robes are good), you've got very little to worry about. You can get poisoned and still run around for ten minutes before it even begins to damage you seriously, then you can just chug a tasty estus. There's a load of great loot on the swamp floor, and a pyromancy trainer who's pretty helpful too.

What'll REALLY help you out here is the rusty ring (ooerr). You can find it in the Undead Asylum, if you've discovered the way back yet.

Guest AcrossCanyons

the framerate is the only thing that makes me never want to go there again.

made some nice progress recently. found the way of the dragon guild and joined (dragon head is AWESOME). re-joined the cat covenant and invaded the same dude a few times over who seemed very powerful (one damaging force push 1hko'd me + he had a hella strong phantom with him and managed to beat him. probably my proudest moment so far. a well earned 700k+ (!) souls.

I read there's some game-breaking glitch which lets you claim infinite souls - and high-soul drops from PVP are thanks to that. I wouldn't know, because my internet connection is so laughably screwed that I haven't been able to play online at all in the past week.

I'd also like to repeat that I love love love love love this game.

Guest AcrossCanyons

there's an item dupe glitch (fixed in 1.4), but pvp souls are dependent on the person slain (you claim half their soul count). I just happened upon somebody farming (not uncommon in the cat guild).

I read there's some game-breaking glitch which lets you claim infinite souls - and high-soul drops from PVP are thanks to that. I wouldn't know, because my internet connection is so laughably screwed that I haven't been able to play online at all in the past week.

I'd also like to repeat that I love love love love love this game.

I refused to take part in the glitch, but it basically involves using the "dragon head" that you get as apart of the everlasting dragon covenant and those item souls that you use. Somehow you use the dragon head and quickly switch to the souls, and it basically just "uses" the souls infinitely. I have friends who actually put an elastic band around their controller and went to work, now he's level 711. Its supposed to be fixed in 1.4

The other glitch involves snuggly. Basically you drop an item he wants, quit the game, reload, *drop the same item*, pick up his "converted item", quit, repeat.... this makes it so if you had like 99 blood moss you could get 99 twinkling titanite. Not quite infinite.

But yeah anyone who has to cheat in DS is a bitch :)

Archived