IGNORED

Karol Gwóźdź - Tamte Czasy

psycho

The Silesian based musician delivers a collection of deeply atmospheric ambient / piano works. Using the hiss from old cassette tapes he has successfully created a truly beautiful and haunting late night soundtrack that manages to capture a nostalgic feeling that both hints of past memories and loss.

In his own words: 'I recorded the hiss of cassette and used this in the background for all the tracks. I then used various sounds, piano, violin, rustle etc.. Overall I wanted my album to symbolize postmodernism so when somebody listens to this album he or she should have some reflections'.

When Karol is not making ambient sounds he turns his attention to his other loves poetry / literature, graphic design and his DJ work (DJ Nail)

File this album under : Brian Eno / Harold Budd

More information : www.karolgwozdz.eu

You can now pre-order the Karol Gwóźdź debut album from Discogs.

All orders will be sent out 2 weeks before the official release date of January 16th.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/47080507?posted=1&redir=1

post-4105-0-68401400-1321210641_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KAROL GWOZDZ - TAMTE CZASY (CD by Psychonavigation)

Silesian based composer Karol Gwozdz (with all sorts of ´and other marks, which I can't find on this keyboard) makes his debut here. I don't know much about him, expect when he is not creating music he reads poetry, literature, does graphic design or plays records as DJ Nail. His primary instrument is the piano, sometimes violin and 'rustle', but he doesn't opt for a clean recording. In each of the ten pieces he uses hiss taped from old cassettes as a background noise. All of that gets an electronic treatment. It makes it hard for me not to think of Harold Budd and Brian Eno's encounters in that very same world, so many years ago. Nothing seems to have changed, but it hardly matters I think. In this fairly traditional world of ambient music things only seem to get deeper and not wider; true innovations are far away, and it seems - one has to be careful with predicting the future - pretty much everything has been done before. That said, I think Gwozdz delivers a true fine ambient album of great quality. The tape hiss thing may sound on paper like a nasty thing but its far from it. Whatever it sounds like, gentleness is the keyword for this gentleman.Night has fallen over this not-so-winterly land but its warm inside - a good book at hand and then music like Gwozdz does is just great. Perhaps I wouldn't think to dig out Budd/Eno's 'The Pearl' from the shelf and just keep on with this. Excellent atmospherics. http://vitalweekly.net/815.html

Each of us has any memories of the past. Everyone also feels nostalgia for times past, happy memories going back x years ago. The best memories are those that date back to the earliest events in the life. Sitting alone at home sometimes happens to lose yourself in thought, citing the images that will never be forgotten. For such a home base in handy in these situations would be appropriate, romantic music. Music full of expressive melody, taking the long journey. The journey, with no end in sight. In the first place that comes to mind genre chillout or ambient. And if they choose the two species at once? You can, thanks to nowowydanym album "Those Times" , written by our aboriginal artist Charles Nail , a native of Siemianowice Slaskie. Charles is well placed to combine two genres, creating chillbient - perfect music for sleep, meditation, and many hours of thought. The origin of Charles is not irrelevant. Each title, written in Silesian vocabulary, evokes themes of life in post-industrial areas, which over time become more and more forgotten. "Those Times" is a musical journey through the industrial capital, showing the other side of the character of these areas. Form referring to the story, embellished range of ear soothing sounds. Brian Eno - Ambient music precursor - can be proud of Charles. This CD should become a mandatory item in the collection of electronic relaxation music lovers. http://twojakultura....amte-czasy.html

Archived