IGNORED

Kontact Scripting Language

acid1

For you kontakt experts out there, what kind of things are capable with that kontakt scripting language?

come on guys, we are uber electronic music EKT FORUM, someone has to have messed around with this before

i saw on the web you could do like "on note, retrigger sample at this speed" type stuff

no one has delve into this yet?

i've delved.

KSP (kontakt script processor) is pretty cool. kontakt 2 ships with a pile of scripts to begin with, ranging from arpeggiators to drum machines to (my favourite) intelligent harmonisers.

you can think of KSP as basically a programming language that allows you to manipulate MIDI and controller data (think note on/off, note pitch, knob movements, sample start times, etc.) in any way you see fit. so yes, you could come up with the ultimate squarepusher snare rush script that will electronic music your drum patterns to infinity.

as far as how it works, it's very similar to JAVA in context. but i won't kid you, it's a programming language, so it's not the most user-friendly application on the planet. luckily, however, there is a user library of scripts on the NI website. for registered users, of course. =)

cheers,

c

Guest greenbank

sounds interesting... if i ever move from a tracker it'll be to cubase with a decent sampler and with things like this then kontakt looks like its got lots of possibilities.

thanks maus, would be cool to make a set of special effect type scripts to use on the current drum being played in whatever song

could prolly pull off some fancy stuff with all the effects in kontakt along with non linear retrigs and pitch modulation

i may have to sit down for a weekend, get kontakt, get a bottle of vodka and see what i can cook up

cheers!

if you've got $50 US or so kicking around i highly recommend picking up the Kontakt 2 tutorial DVD. it's about SIX HOURS of tutorials, instructions, and practical instruction on every aspect of K2. it covers the convolution stuff, cool things to do with groups, and of course the KSP in a good deal of detail. might be worth checking out if you really want to get in-depth!

cheers,

c

its spelt "kontakt" i was a noob when i made the topic thread

and its friggin expensive

Archived