IGNORED

Floating Points - Shadows

BobDobalina

http://bleep.com/ind...releaseid=33326

We're always very excited to hear word of a new Floating Points release and that is more than the case with 'Shadows', a new exploration from the brilliance that is Sam Shepherd. A collaborative EP between Floating Points and his life-long friend, Will Hunt, 'Shadows' introduces a Max/Msp patch designed by Hunt which studies drum machine and synthesizer activity to generate visuals in real-time. Musically, the release features new material from Shepherd, along with some more familiar cuts, and explores largely ambient terrain interposed with Floating Points' signature jazz and funk touches, flourishes of broken beat and the evocative vocals of Fatima. Essential.

flopo_shadows_500.jpg

Didn't see a thread yet, though bleep seems to be pushing this pretty hard... and while it doesn't stray much from his sound template to date, my initial impression is quite favorable. Plenty of good vibes, textures, and dynamics throughout. Worth checking.

• 2 months later...
Guest Deep Fried Everything

this record is mind-blowingly good, and the LWE review is spot on. phillip sherburne also loves this, if that means anything to you.

between this and the levon vincent impression of a rainstorm 12", i'm incredibly happy to hear where contemporary techno/experimental house/broken beat electronic music are all at these days, which is a lovely lovely crossroads.

edit: my only wish is to have bought these two months ago :sad:

Archived