IGNORED

"Airlock" (Lots of BBD based fun!)

ZoeB

Guest kokeboka

The timbre of the bass and the drums is really nice.The BBD's are a interesting touch, they can be a whole avenue of potential craziness if you're looking to delve into them further.

The BBD's are a interesting touch, they can be a whole avenue of potential craziness if you're looking to delve into them further.

Ooh, do you have any tips? I'm just making this stuff up as I go along! I have no idea how you're supposed to use any of this equipment!

Guest kokeboka

The BBD's are a interesting touch, they can be a whole avenue of potential craziness if you're looking to delve into them further.

Ooh, do you have any tips? I'm just making this stuff up as I go along! I have no idea how you're supposed to use any of this equipment!

You are using it like it's supposed to be used. But you can go mental with those - modulating the delay clock, fiddling with the feedback knob in real-time, adding chorus/vibrato for that DMM vibe, sampling the wet signal at different clock settings, trying extreme settings to expose the limitations of it... Going mad with BBD's may or may not suit your music, but they're crazy fun to play with nevertheless.

You are using it like it's supposed to be used. But you can go mental with those - modulating the delay clock, fiddling with the feedback knob in real-time, adding chorus/vibrato for that DMM vibe, sampling the wet signal at different clock settings, trying extreme settings to expose the limitations of it... Going mad with BBD's may or may not suit your music, but they're crazy fun to play with nevertheless.

Ah, so basically, experiment more. :) Thanks, I really should set aside some time to actually have fun playing with my synth, working out new things I can do with it before I buy more modules... I've still hardly touched the ring modulator, for instance... Although in all fairness, I redid the lead sound in the last song I posted, so it does have an LFO-modified high frequency BBD clock now. It definitely sounds interesting in a way I don't believe I've heard before, which is always a good sign! :D

Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to always keep experimenting. :)

...OK, I give up, who or what is DMM?

Guest kokeboka

..OK, I give up, who or what is DMM?

Deluxe Memory Man - it's an old school BBD guitar pedal, with built-in chorus and vibrato, all analogue. It's a legend among guitarrists, and it sounds great :)

http://youtu.be/3b6yNC_7ftI

Deluxe Memory Man - it's an old school BBD guitar pedal, with built-in chorus and vibrato, all analogue. It's a legend among guitarrists, and it sounds great :)

Ah, thanks. Haha, the change in pitch as you change the clock frequency (when it's at delay sounding type lower frequencies, rather than chorus sounding higher ones) seemed to me a shame and the reason I try not to change the clock frequency while playing, so it doesn't sound out of tune... it hadn't occurred to me to sell it as the "feature" of vibrato. :D I really need to get back into the hacker mindset of repurposing what I have and thinking laterally...

If I'm not mistaken you can pick up some BBD/delay tips here:

http://www.clavia.se...elayModule.html

Ah, Rob Hordijk. Yes, his guide is great, the kind of thing I should take a week off to properly digest, like a good book. Cool, it looks like he makes modules too! Anyway, yes, I think you're right, I can probably apply some of those generic delay tips to the BBD, thank you!

Archived