IGNORED

Do People Talking Loudly Nearby Annoy You?

Joyrex

How uncivilized have we become that we can't ask someone to be quiet politely, but must resort to this.

Pretty much this.

This type of thing could be misused constantly by dickends too.

How uncivilized have we become that we can't ask someone to be quiet politely, but must resort to this.

Pretty much this.

Who is resorting to it?

It barely exists (as in, how many are in existence?) and (I'm pretty sure) barely works, for reasons pointed out by chenGod.

Why does some gizmo invented for shits and giggles by a handful of boffins in Japan stand for 'how uncivilized we have become'?

edit: oh wait, chengod is trolling. n/m

edit2: (rereads thread), oh, he's not.

this invention is bollocks. dont worry about it.

have you ever tried recording your voice using shitty audiocard drivers involving latency? Really fucks up your ability to speak, people that stutter also do this because there is a delay involved in the internal processing of what is coming out of their mouths. I wouldn't call his invention bollocks, but rather see loud obnoxious people get dum dum shotgun treatment.

I've had some pretty bad echoes on skype and mobile and while I'll concede that it trips me up a little, if you focus your attention in the right place you can block it out and carry on talking. Or just cover your ears as chengod says. And thats when its being piped directly into my ears through headphones. I don't imagine a directional speaker 30 metres away will cause too much trouble.

I mean, its an interesting invention and everything, but its being reported and discussed in far too serious a way IMHO.

Pretty much this.

Who is resorting to it?

It barely exists (as in, how many are in existence?) and (I'm pretty sure) barely works, for reasons pointed out by chenGod.

Why does some gizmo invented for shits and giggles by a handful of boffins in Japan stand for 'how uncivilized we have become'?

Joyrex is answer to all questions.

yeah, i assumed it wouldn't work that well.

this invention is bollocks. dont worry about it.

have you ever tried recording your voice using shitty audiocard drivers involving latency? Really fucks up your ability to speak, people that stutter also do this because there is a delay involved in the internal processing of what is coming out of their mouths. I wouldn't call his invention bollocks, but rather see loud obnoxious people get dum dum shotgun treatment.

I've had some pretty bad echoes on skype and mobile and while I'll concede that it trips me up a little, if you focus your attention in the right place you can block it out and carry on talking. Or just cover your ears as chengod says. And thats when its being piped directly into my ears through headphones. I don't imagine a directional speaker 30 metres away will cause too much trouble.

I mean, its an interesting invention and everything, but its being reported and discussed in far too serious a way IMHO.

...........church

Archived