IGNORED

catholic wedding

Guest Franklin

Humans always loved to put human traits onto things that bear no resemblance whatsoever. I do not believe that the universe makes conscious decisions. God is our way of personifying the universe and the laws which govern it so we can pretend we identify with it and not be so terrified by the uncertainty of life itself. It assuages our fears but can use them against us. I also think that free will is an illusion, but it is a necessary illusion to hold people accountable for their actions. The human race is like a culture on a petri dish.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of my best friends is getting married. I'm pretty sure he's not religious but his wife-to-be is a pretty serious catholic who like teaches at a catholic school and goes to church on a regular basis. So I had to do a similar catholic wedding last summer with another one of my good friends and I happened to be sitting beside the couple that are getting married this year and I was not really behaving myself because I have zero patience for ignorant things like religious rituals or religion in general... It actually angers me so much that my heart rate in noticeable. why the fuck are we wasting our time with fairy tales in this day and age? Anyway I got so angry when the preacher dude started like saying some phrase like "praise jesus" and then the crowd started saying it back... so I left and didnt go back and now the guy who's getting married this year is really concerned b/c he wants me in his wedding party---meaning I would have to be in the front row of the church and then standing up at the front for parts of the ceremony. It's causing a bit of a stir in our group of friends b/c people are worried I'm going to ruin the ceremony.

I'm obviously not going to be a douche and fuck up a wedding but I'm going to have to do some serious deep breathing exercises over the next couple of months to keep myself in check.

what a great friend you are

Guest Franklin

one of my best friends is getting married. I'm pretty sure he's not religious but his wife-to-be is a pretty serious catholic who like teaches at a catholic school and goes to church on a regular basis. So I had to do a similar catholic wedding last summer with another one of my good friends and I happened to be sitting beside the couple that are getting married this year and I was not really behaving myself because I have zero patience for ignorant things like religious rituals or religion in general... It actually angers me so much that my heart rate in noticeable. why the fuck are we wasting our time with fairy tales in this day and age? Anyway I got so angry when the preacher dude started like saying some phrase like "praise jesus" and then the crowd started saying it back... so I left and didnt go back and now the guy who's getting married this year is really concerned b/c he wants me in his wedding party---meaning I would have to be in the front row of the church and then standing up at the front for parts of the ceremony. It's causing a bit of a stir in our group of friends b/c people are worried I'm going to ruin the ceremony.

I'm obviously not going to be a douche and fuck up a wedding but I'm going to have to do some serious deep breathing exercises over the next couple of months to keep myself in check.

what a great friend you are

I would do react the same way if it was my brother.

Archived