IGNORED

Wavesplit (like a free mini ReCycle or AutoSampler)

ZoeB

Hiya!

So I had a spare afternoon last weekend, and this is the result. It's a very simple Python program that takes a (currently 16-bit only) waveform as input, and splits it up into lots of smaller waveforms as output. If you sample household objects, scales of acoustic instruments, smashing bottles at the bottle bank, or noodling around on a synth, this takes care of all that monotonous cropping of each individual drum hit or note for you. I'm not the best programmer by a long shot, and it's a work in progress, but it's free and hopefully it's of use to some other people. It's certainly saving me time!

All the best,

Zoë.

cool!

I like Python, it's a great language for all sorts of scripts... I really wish they had used Python instead of Lua in Renoise.... gotta get my head around Lua and it's really very object oriented..

And also, how do you use this? :)

1. Download Python 3 and install it
  2. Type in "python3 wavesplit.py foo.wav" where foo.wav is a 16-bit .wav file

At least, that's how you do it in OS X. I assume it should be a pretty similar process on other operating systems.

Archived