IGNORED

Joy happiness (vreugdengeluk)

Guest ex-voto

Guest ex-voto

There you go trying out some sunny sounds. I am still working dramatically on the beat

lemme know what you think

Guest kokeboka

I like it, especially the arps (I love chiptunesy arps). I'd be a bit more generous with reverb on the first part (with no beat). The beat sounds good as is, but I'd add an element doing 1/4 notes to make it more solid - unless of course this is exactly the vibe you're looking for. Will you be adding a bass?

Guest ex-voto

I like it, especially the arps (I love chiptunesy arps). I'd be a bit more generous with reverb on the first part (with no beat). The beat sounds good as is, but I'd add an element doing 1/4 notes to make it more solid - unless of course this is exactly the vibe you're looking for. Will you be adding a bass?

thanks for your reply. Will be working on the beat for sure, especially the last part of the beat. I am thinking of adding a bass, I think I might have to work a lot on equalizing too.

The music is lovely but I think the whole needs more mixing work. The different sources aren't strong enough imo. That could sound really massive

Guest ex-voto

The music is lovely but I think the whole needs more mixing work. The different sources aren't strong enough imo. That could sound really massive

Do you mean the quality of the beats or the pads. The beat is mostly one-layered, but the pads are several layers. The beat needs way more work than I have put in now. Thanks for the feedback.

My general feeling is that it's a bit too messy. I'd like the kick to be more powerful (more lows + why not some sidechain on something), the snare sounds a little weak as well. The way the hhat and the clave brings some highs is cool imo. I also think the pads are too messy. They might bring too much low end and maybe low med as well.

I'm trying to be precise because you asked for more details, but what I'm saying here just speaks for myself, it just explains how I would start for trying to improve it. That said I'm quite sure this track could be awesome if the different sources would have more singularity (like you have to decide in which frequency widths each source is relevant, and get rid of what is useless).

Guest ex-voto

Thanks Antape! I follow what you're saying. I think that mostly what is bothering you (and me also) is the low-med frequencies from the pads. Will start to work on that first then :)

Thanks Antape! I follow what you're saying. I think that mostly what is bothering you (and me also) is the low-med frequencies from the pads. Will start to work on that first then :)

I'll be looking forward to the result then ! Good luck. For me, making a track sounding good is the most difficult as well and I always hear lacks and errors in the mixes I make. I'm thinking about buying a little notebook in which I'd write everything that I think is wrong every time I listen to one of my tracks, I'm sure I could learn a lot from that. Yeah well that's quite off-topic, just keep us in touch !

Archived