IGNORED

english high tea

YEK

People I work with call lunch - dinner. I call the evening meal dinner wheras they call it tea. I've argued this a few times because I thought it was because they were from Potters Bar that they called it that.

I'm starting to doubt myself now. If tea is dinner and dinner is lunch then what the fuck is lunch?

Ooop north they have tea time every day. Because having tea is just jargon for having dinner.

um, loads of southerners call their evening meal 'tea'

but really tea should be a small meal and dinner is any full meal after breakfast

People I work with call lunch - dinner. I call the evening meal dinner wheras they call it tea. I've argued this a few times because I thought it was because they were from Potters Bar that they called it that.

I'm starting to doubt myself now. If tea is dinner and dinner is lunch then what the fuck is lunch?

missed your post. see my post. if they have a large meal for lunch, and something light in the evening then that is correct. otherwise it isn't (not that it matters, people can say what the fuck the like)

Ooop north they have tea time every day. Because having tea is just jargon for having dinner.

um, loads of southerners call their evening meal 'tea'

Really? I've never heard it said once down south. Only hear it up north.

Although you might notice I never said that southerners don't refer to their dinner as tea.

So, um, there.

Archived