IGNORED

Bed bugs

gaarg

Did they ever return?  :emotawesomepm9:

Either I have been bitten during my stay in Dubai or have them in my bedroom, bedbug bite marks anyway according to the doctor. Will go on a hunt with a flashlight to see if I can find traces of eggs and what have you. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got a huge infestation, so far only in the bedroom, but probably I'll find them in the living room or some other place too.

I'll spray them, kill them in any way, do all the precautions that the internets can provide me with. But, most of all I'd like to hear from you guys, if anyone has ever had a problem with these before, how did you deal with them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug

God damn

I used to have a friend who lived in the Marcy projects for a while and near the end her building got bedbugs.  They started at one end and moved across in a wave over a few months, apparently a fair number of people (those who had the resources to do it anyway) actually moved away, because in a building that size it was virtualy impossible to manage them effectively. She ended up leaving and living on a friend's couch when they got within a couple units of hers.

Only other person I've known who got bedbugs did manage to get rid of them but it took about a year.

A few things that help and don't require a professional (you'll eventually need a professional though, because bedbugs will live in the walls, in joints between the wood in your furniture, wherever they can):

-take every piece of clothing and bed clothes you have and wash them a few times, use the highest heat you can manage.  Seal them airtight in garbage bags and don't take them back out until the bedbugs are gone.

-seal your mattress in a large, clear plastic bag and leave it out in direct sunlight on a hot day, for maybe 48-72 hours.  Flip it a couple times a day.

-get some pie pans, put the legs of your bed in them, and fill them with water to make a moat for your bed.  That will help keep the bedbugs from coming back after you get them out of your mattress, but it's not perfect.  They can's swim but they can climb, so they sometimes figure out that they can get around the moat by climbing up onto your ceiling and dropping down from above.

That's all I can think of, and none of it is going to be enough but it won't hurt either.  Bed bugs are horrible.  Good luck.

EDIT:  Looks like I should have read the whole thread before I posted

Either I have been bitten during my stay in Dubai or have them in my bedroom, bedbug bite marks anyway according to the doctor. Will go on a hunt with a flashlight to see if I can find traces of eggs and what have you. 

get on top of that shit now. I had to deal with these things a few years ago and it starts out like no big deal but before you know it they'll be rooted in and hard to kill off. I ended up hiring an exterminator, trying to fix it yourself is a hit and miss affair.

get on top of that shit now. I had to deal with these things a few years ago and it starts out like no big deal but before you know it they'll be rooted in and hard to kill off. I ended up hiring an exterminator, trying to fix it yourself is a hit and miss affair.

yeah I plan to. Problem is I live in an old 1950's build wooden floor dump with open nooks and crannies everywhere, in no illusion I will get rid of everything. We're moving out by the end of this year, so I might have to just deal with it and hope I don't take some eggs with me :) . Fuck you nature!  

oh boy. don't wait that long though, seriously. I'd hire someone now, get them to nuke the problem room asap before they spread. can't help but imagine the worst case scenario in which they'll be all over the place inside of a month and you'll be covered in spots.

Archived