IGNORED

Himalayan Salt Lamps

YO303

My girlfriend made me buy one, because you know she is into crystals and shit like that. I was extremely skeptical about these salt lamps (suppose to purify the air), i thought this was just another scam by the new age mercenaries, but i have to say .. they work.

After just one night with it i felt the air in my room was easier to breath in (best way i can describe it).

Does anyone own one of these lamps? what's your experience with them? is there any science behind the lamps? i'm amazed.

Here is what it looks like in my dark room:

34y4rbs.jpg

Guest Sprigg
i think the science behind it is the placebo effect

This. My hippie friend drug me to a new age store a while back and told me to wear this medallion that made her feel more 'grounded' (whatever that means), and it did absolutely fuckall other than make me look like a twat. She was incredulous when I told her it did nothing, and when the shopkeeper guy desperately tried explaining the 'science' of it, I had to stop him and leave the shop to laugh hysterically... she hasn't spoken to me since.

I think the placebo effect is valid. If i can trick my brain into thinking these lamps clean the air and relieve stress then its fine by me.

Guest Ricky Downtown

i think if you shipped that tv to my house you would probably be able to breathe easier man seriously

Guest disparaissant

did you take that picture with some sort of mirror camera

no way i have a gnusmas tv too

Everyone is so quick to say "placebo" for anything that looks remotely new-agey. Most of them probably are but saying that right off the bat doesnt seem very thoughtful to me. It's conceivable that these lamps are some kind of dehumidifier

Guest underscore

Everyone is so quick to say "placebo" for anything that looks remotely new-agey. Most of them probably are but saying that right off the bat doesnt seem very thoughtful to me. It's conceivable that these lamps are some kind of dehumidifier

well, I said placebo after having read into them before (I could still be wrong, I even said I think the placebo effect explains it.) upon further examination of his post I do believe the reason YO303 feels it works is his subconsious knows him telling his girlfriend he is "amazed" is way better than grouping the salt lamp with "crystals and shit like that"

Archived