IGNORED

best site/software for tabs/sheet music/mid

TRiP

so back in the day i used to use guitar pro and other .mid playing softwares which would display the notes of instruments being played on the programs virtual piano in real time - I found it the best way to learn for myself

I've just recently bought a sweet Hammond Organ and am looking for the best/easiest/free software to do this sort of thing? or at least, any resources like websites with good piano tabs/sheet music

to kick things off i'm currently searching for DJ Shadow's Organ Donor.

so far i've found websites with these sorts of tabs: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/dj_shadow/organ_donor_guitar_pro.htm

but they're only for guitar, and dont seem to be able to display for keyboards.

CX_2000_BRUIN_TOP_FRONT_OK.jpg

I think a teacher will get you further than any software as he can correct wrong finger technics that will take you much longer to learn and makes you develop bad playing habits

Guest Frankie5fingers

well i have been teaching myself piano for about 7-8 months now. and i like to get my sheet music straight off youtube. i find a song i really like being played by an individual (no concert performances) and most the time ill find in the description they'll post a link to where you can download the sheet music for free.

i like to get most my stuff from a guy with the handle Verdegrand. he does Video game covers and the dude is crazy good. very advanced stuff. im guessing by the fact that you bought that organ you must have been playing for a long time. so you might find something you like by him. and it will give you a big challenge.

but other than youtube, i could never find a free sheet music site.

hope this helps a little

many thanks for all that,

To be honest I only took a bit of piano lessons years ago, but decided to stop them once I learned the basics in order to try teach myself - although I agree a teacher would be best, at this stage I feel I can snake my way through things

I can read sheet music, but not very fast - I think i learn better by watching a piece being played (alike that Synthesia program) so I think ill try to stick to that

This Verdegrand lad does seem purty good alright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33hinzjRJ34

just chiming in to say hammond organs fucking rock. congrats on the purchase

indeed they do!

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah that dudes amazing. but the reason i suggested him is cause he almost always has sheet music for his songs. and the songs are great even if you don't like video games. as for teaching, honestly you really don't need a teacher. once again Youtube is awesome for this. ive learned a lot from youtube videos. its a little harder than live lessons cause you have watch carefully and theres no one there to tell you if your doing something wrong. but you still will get the same results if you can find good videos and have serious dedication.

i did the same thing you did. i took enough lessons to understand the theory. then used that to help teach myself all the instruments i play.

Archived