tr-606

x0x 303

tenori-on

machinedrum ( on the way )

i'm looking at synths at the mo but haven't made my mind up yet

i am going to look at getting a 8 channel mixer just for the drum machines

4 audio outs for the machine drum

1 audio out for the tr-606

into a sub mixer. i can then run this into channel 1/2 of the akai eie with 2 inputs spare for the x0x / tenori and 3 inputs spare if i buy a synth. i probably run the x0x through the sub mixer then and have the tenori / synth into the akai

i'm looking at mixers on ebay, i'd prefer to get a usb powered one but i'm not sure if that would then clash with the akai soundcard ? i've tried connecting a korg kaoss by usb before and the computer just spacs out

if anyone can recommend a mixer and whether its worthwhile getting a usb one ?

thank you

Guest Social Spastic

i'm watching one of these on ebay but will it clash with the akai eie ? this is the question. if it can record audio direct through usb it must have its own drivers. will this conflict with akais drivers, can only run one soundcard afterall

i'm watching one of these on ebay but will it clash with the akai eie ? this is the question. if it can record audio direct through usb it must have its own drivers. will this conflict with akais drivers, can only run one soundcard afterall

yeah it most probably will clash. but do you even need the akai?

I have an EMU 0404 soundcard installed on my music PC, which is proper basic, but I don't use it. I use an external interface instead.

you could just get a 12 channel Alesis Multimix and forget about the akai?

Alesis Multimix8 USB 2.0

Is this actually an 8-channel interface? The literature keeps being vague and saying "multichannel" rather than specifying that it's an 8-channel interface.

it's one and the same thing, from what I gather. a multi-channel mixer/USB audio interface with FX.

but I haven't actually used one so don't take my word for it. :)

but that's what it looks like to me. and they're supposed to be pretty good. quite cheap now too.

Archived