IGNORED

Guide To Legal Marijuana Use' published by Seattle Police

syd syside

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words, you can get people to go along with a lot if you throw them tokin' concessions.

Fixed

And finally: there really is nothing inherently left-wing or "progressive" (how I hate that word!) about legalising drugs. Not that it's a bad idea - but it's what Libertarians want too, and they're some of the most dangerous right-wing lunatics around.

I still don't see your point other than that you have a problem with compson (I realize I'm probably understating it here lol).

A good idea is a good idea, right? I would be able to tease out a point about specific political representatives and overall policy being fascist while throwing out some bones to appease the masses and look like good guys, but we're talking about a state initiative here. This was a grass roots effort that wasn't shat out by some career politician trying to butter up voters for the election. Or is there another point I'm missing? (Sincere question)

Lol, power to the people. They let you do something harmless in your spare time now that people with free will have been enjoying for thousands of years. Its piss poor that we've spent the last 200 years demonizing a plant and sending people to jail for insane amounts of time, only to let the kids have their cookies for more chores. I agree its a good step, but this, to me, shows exactly how we have NO power or control in our lives.

Erm yes... democracy enacting change in policy = no power. Bravo

Its backhanded to me to be told I can do something with my body that I have already been doing without being shoved in a prison... I don't need any cunts permission to smoke or really do anything. I agree with the rah-rah for democracy and flying flags, but it's the fallacy of our archaic legislative system and social conservatives that this - and any drug use - is viewed as a problem in the first place. That, makes me upset.

We are attacking the hydras' many heads, not the root at its body... i-502 still had the slime of bureaucratic bullshit all over it, which at some point, may be lessened, but that's going to be a slippery issue. You can possess, but not grow. Who is filling the gaps till the state does? What if you don't want the state pot? Those people are still legally at risk. It's okay to have it but not produce it ~I see...MAGIC IS AFOOT.

Besides, IME most the people I see go to jail aren't people who had a bit in their car, or had a personal bag at a show, its the people who make the supply and distribute the supply who do hard time. State run stores won't solve any more problems then they will create. All this law did was make possession of an oz or less legal to have on you, other than that nothing has changed for the better. You cannot smoke in public, which I find silly (I also find it silly that you cannot drink a beer whilst pub-crawling). DUI's are now possible at tiny amounts and will be more enforced with saliva tests or on the spot blood test, whereas before, you had to admit to using or be so completely obliterated or reeking that they had to take you to a hospital to draw blood. People will still go to jail for growing and distributing cannabis for profit the way they always had, kids will still smoke and drink, and the state will get the profits.

I find politics (mostly towards social issues) to be childish and my views on the subject are viewed as childish to most who 'care'... hows that for a conundrum? I am a man who says 'decriminalize it all and let the chips fall where they may'. I am really not trying to start an uncivil conversation, but I had to say my piece after you were so condescending and missed the point in a way of what I was saying, Compson. I really do see what you're saying because if you still believe in the system in place, it's a victory. I am just out of touch and have my head in the clouds :emotawesomepm9:

Guest RadarJammer

Lol, power to the people. They let you do something harmless in your spare time now that people with free will have been enjoying for thousands of years. Its piss poor that we've spent the last 200 years demonizing a plant and sending people to jail for insane amounts of time, only to let the kids have their cookies for more chores. I agree its a good step, but this, to me, shows exactly how we have NO power or control in our lives.

Its backhanded to me to be told I can do something with my body that I have already been doing without being shoved in a prison... I don't need any cunts permission to smoke or really do anything. I agree with the rah-rah for democracy and flying flags, but it's the fallacy of our archaic legislative system and social conservatives that this - and any drug use - is viewed as a problem in the first place. That, makes me upset.

As a resident of Washington, I have always smoked as I please but acquiring it has been a bit of an issue lots of times. It's not so important that they are "letting" people use weed as they are providing support for acquiring it so that regular citizens aren't faced with the complication of sometimes having to interface with a seedy criminal element to find the occasional gram or two. It's not that I care if I'm technically being a criminal its that I would rather not have to shake hands with a legit criminal just to get my evening joint.

As a resident of Washington, I have always smoked as I please but acquiring it has been a bit of an issue lots of times. It's not so important that they are "letting" people use weed as they are providing support for acquiring it so that regular citizens aren't faced with the complication of sometimes having to interface with a seedy criminal element to find the occasional gram or two. It's not that I care if I'm technically being a criminal its that I would rather not have to shake hands with a legit criminal just to get my evening joint.

^^Wouldn't have to if you or a more ganja-centric friend could grow your own/communal supply. You make a valid point, but there are better and simpler ways to solve that. And also, who's to say what a 'legit criminal' is defined as when before this weed possession was illegal and criminal? Like I said, head in the clouds I am.

We are attacking the hydras' many heads, not the root at its body... i-502 still had the slime of bureaucratic bullshit all over it, which at some point, may be lessened, but that's going to be a slippery issue. You can possess, but not grow. Who is filling the gaps till the state does? What if you don't want the state pot? Those people are still legally at risk. It's okay to have it but not produce it ~I see...MAGIC IS AFOOT.

Besides, IME most the people I see go to jail aren't people who had a bit in their car, or had a personal bag at a show, its the people who make the supply and distribute the supply who do hard time. State run stores won't solve any more problems then they will create. All this law did was make possession of an oz or less legal to have on you, other than that nothing has changed for the better. You cannot smoke in public, which I find silly (I also find it silly that you cannot drink a beer whilst pub-crawling). DUI's are now possible at tiny amounts and will be more enforced with saliva tests or on the spot blood test, whereas before, you had to admit to using or be so completely obliterated or reeking that they had to take you to a hospital to draw blood. People will still go to jail for growing and distributing cannabis for profit the way they always had, kids will still smoke and drink, and the state will get the profits.

I find politics (mostly towards social issues) to be childish and my views on the subject are viewed as childish to most who 'care'... hows that for a conundrum? I am a man who says 'decriminalize it all and let the chips fall where they may'. I am really not trying to start an uncivil conversation, but I had to say my piece after you were so condescending and missed the point in a way of what I was saying, Compson. I really do see what you're saying because if you still believe in the system in place, it's a victory. I am just out of touch and have my head in the clouds :emotawesomepm9:

I was only condescending because I find a lot of peoples attitudes in regards to our system to be slightly exaggerated. Suggesting we have "no" power does a huge disservice to people who actually live in authoritarian dictatorships. Our system is far from ideal but the attitude that it's all fucked only adds to the apathetic state many find themselves in. It wasn't meant to be as personally condescending towards you but just the general attitudes I have come across amongst friends. Difference of opinion perhaps but historically things improve gradually and voting no for this bill because it's not perfect is the wrong way to approach this. Coloradoians and Washingtonians passing this is more significant on a national and global scale then it is for me on a personal level basically. And in some states like Texas/Florida, you can get fucked.

Guest RadarJammer

^^Wouldn't have to if you or a more ganja-centric friend could grow your own/communal supply. You make a valid point, but there are better and simpler ways to solve that. And also, who's to say what a 'legit criminal' is defined as when before this weed possession was illegal and criminal? Like I said, head in the clouds I am.

A respectable hookup is always around the corner somewhere but I think just about every weed smoker knows the feeling of a "friend of a friend of a friend" situation that can range anywhere from awesome to being on the edge of safety or getting jacked. The gentle honest desire for a bit of weed can lead people into the random dark corner of society.

Archived