IGNORED

Drawn to Perfection

Nebraska

Guest Lucy Faringold

is this guy drawing from photos? i can generally tell when something is copied, but these look like they're from life.

Really? They couldn't look more like they were from photos imo. But yeah, the article says "he spends days analysing his source photographs."

didn't bother reading the article. just immediately clicked through to his blog, which looked like it had an asian model on it that he was drawing from life. but there you go.

actually, i'm not even impressed with this then. and you're right, the celeb drawings are all really obvious photo copies, even the framing doesn't make sense.

Exactly, I've always hated the fact that people get so riled up over artists like this. I mean, all they're doing is matching the various shading of a photograph that has already been taken. All you need is time and dedication, which is nice, but I see no artistic value in it whatsoever than the dedication put into it. They're basically photocopiers. What's the point?

If they were doing it from real life, however, now that's a different story. It would be incredible, and it wouldn't actually look like an actual photograph, there would be so much depth and new perspective. I'd like to see that.

Good point well made, I still find it impressive that the artist of the last picture can clone the noise---which makes it look like a photograph. still though, yeah. agreed.

I don't trust photographs, nor artists who copy photographs. Real life is messy. Seeing stuff like this makes me think Picasso was right about everything.

Exactly, I've always hated the fact that people get so riled up over artists like this. I mean, all they're doing is matching the various shading of a photograph that has already been taken. All you need is time and dedication, which is nice, but I see no artistic value in it whatsoever than the dedication put into it. They're basically photocopiers. What's the point?

This! the dedication and patience shown are respectable but thats about it.

Archived