IGNORED

Ruby My Dear - Jelly

rubymydear260313.jpg

Ruby My Dear is at the moment putting the finishing touch to his second full length album, with this sequel to "Remains Of Shapes To Come" (adn157) planned for release on Ad Noiseam in a few month. This doesn't mean that you have to wait any longer to enjoy new material from this French musician, as he just released the digital exclusive "Jelly" EP (which still clocks at almost an hour) on the young Blue Sub label.

Though this exclusively digital release is listed as an "EP", the whole eight tracks clock at 50 minutes, making the whole thing feel more like an album (fair enough, Ruby My Dear also went on with an "epic" 20 minutes tune here). "Jelly" take things more or less where he had left them with his "Remains Of Shapes To Come" album, but take this musician's art in a slightly more IDM and definitely more danceable / acid way, though there are still a few atmospheric moments here and there. The production is top-notch, the beats clear and the sound very powerful. Original, masterfully done and excellently written. Very recommended.

http://www.adnoiseam.net/store/ruby-my-dear-jelly_p3998.html

BOOM!

Download now....

Guest vletrmx

First impression- very nice! I think that this sort of meaningful jazzy quasi-ambient breakcore is in short supply nowadays, and Ruby My Dear is damn good at it. This even reminds me a smudge of The Dreaming Tree, which was phenomenal. Anyone know if there's a physical release planned?

Archived