IGNORED

armageddon: the end of the world

chaosmachine

a man walks into a poll.  

102 members have voted

1. 1. do you think 'the end of the world' will happen within your life time?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. do you want 'the end of the world' to happen within your life time?

• yes
    • no

i have this gut feeling nowadays that "something" is going to happen

crazy stuff in the world, created by people, happening to the earth, whatever, something's got to give and it scares me

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have this gut feeling nowadays that "something" is going to happen

crazy stuff in the world, created by people, happening to the earth, whatever, something's got to give and it scares me

yeah I can't suspend the looming feeling of justified paranoia for more than a day at a time lately...doesn't make me enjoy life less, though...it is quite stimulating...

Guest vodor

if humans are responsible for "the end of the world," it will be a slow death (perhaps it has already started?), and will take much longer than any of us will live. it'll be so slow that no one will really know that it's dead until it has already died.

if it's not humans that are responsible (perhaps something from out beyond the earth, or geological processes), it'll be something so rare that the chance of it happening during any of our lifetimes is essentially zero.

the truth is boring.

i assume that the sort of "end of the world" that we're talking about it the sort where there's a moment where it becomes obvious that all human cultures have failed irrecoverably and will decline rapidly until the human species is extinct (other cool dudes might evolve after us though, who knows).

or do we mean the end of all biological life on earth? or do we mean the end of the universe? or do we mean the sort of bullshit spiritual awakening that a lot of the 2012 people are spouting these days?

Guest bitroast

haven't read the whole thread (will do so soon), just had to nip in here quickly to say melbourne pretty much never has earthquakes, and we just experienced our second in a month. clear sign that the end is near.

Archived