IGNORED

armageddon: the end of the world

chaosmachine

a man walks into a poll.  

102 members have voted

1. 1. do you think 'the end of the world' will happen within your life time?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. do you want 'the end of the world' to happen within your life time?

• yes
    • no

giant asteroid, unstoppable virus, catastrophic environmental change, nuclear war.. many different ways humanity could get wiped off the earth in a short period of time.. the question is, do you think you'll live to see it? and do you want to? why?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no and yes. It won't happen, but life is gonna be pretty unpleasant for the vast majority of humans unless we drastically turn things around in the next 5 years.

And I could handle going out with a bang.

Guest alky

no, then yes

to be quite honest life is too fucking trivial right now. none of us have any _real_ purpose, that's already been met because we're surviving comfortably. those of us lucky enough to have computers and internet anyway. survival used to be the number one goal, but we conquered that and so the main challenges in life have instead been replaced by meaningless shit like money, wealth, property and all that.

i'd like to see something happen, some uncontrollable anarchy, to fuck it all up. i like conflict. when stuff goes bad at work it's almost like i'm sad to see it resolved because then it's back to the meaningless drudgery once again

(i'm saying this assuming that i'd be one of the handful of survivors)

you know.

but that's total fantasy

in actuality it'd be totally fucked

it'd be interesting though

Guest the accursed share
no, then yes

to be quite honest life is too fucking trivial right now. none of us have any _real_ purpose, that's already been met because we're surviving comfortably. those of us lucky enough to have computers and internet anyway. survival used to be the number one goal, but we conquered that and so the main challenges in life have instead been replaced by meaningless shit like money, wealth, property and all that.

i'd like to see something happen, some uncontrollable anarchy, to fuck it all up. i like conflict. when stuff goes bad at work it's almost like i'm sad to see it resolved because then it's back to the meaningless drudgery once again

(i'm saying this assuming that i'd be one of the handful of survivors)

you know.

but that's total fantasy

in actuality it'd be totally fucked

it'd be interesting though

agreed

Guest the accursed share
no and no

anyway none of us are actualy alive anyway - has no cunt seen the matrix

ROFL

no but serious wouldn't it be a blast pun intended to live to see the armageddon?

• 2 years later...
Guest assegai

I typed "gay but sex" into an advert that i was waiting on copy from the client for as a joke to myself but accidentally left it in and my boss just called me on it, lols ensued but i'm not proud of it.

Guest 277: 930-933

Don't you read the news?

A man in Brazil is coughing and president Madagascar has ordered to shut down EVERYTHING.

I vote against the holocaust, my bet is on our imminent collision with the Andromeda galaxy.

ps i suck balls

Guest ezkerraldean

as long as the apocalypse is fast and exciting and violent and adrenaline-charged, then yeah i'm looking forward to it. i want to die in a blaze of glory, jumping out of the window of some exploding building while shooting up scores of aliens/swamp creatures/police

Guest assegai
as long as the apocalypse is fast and exciting and violent and adrenaline-charged, then yeah i'm looking forward to it. i want to die in a blaze of glory, jumping out of the window of some exploding building while shooting up scores of aliens/swamp creatures/police spewing catch phrases along side Will Smith.

Guest ezkerraldean
as long as the apocalypse is fast and exciting and violent and adrenaline-charged, then yeah i'm looking forward to it. i want to die in a blaze of glory, jumping out of the window of some exploding building while shooting up scores of aliens/swamp creatures/police spewing catch phrases along side Arnold Schwarzenegger.

more like it

oh, and i want to be wearing some shades at the time, and an awesome hat of some description

oh and it all happens in space

Guest Caustic
as long as the apocalypse is fast and exciting and violent and adrenaline-charged, then yeah i'm looking forward to it. i want to die in a blaze of glory, jumping out of the window of some exploding building while shooting up scores of aliens/swamp creatures/police spewing catch phrases along side Arnold Schwarzenegger.

more like it

oh, and i want to be wearing some shades at the time, and an awesome hat of some description

NO EXPLOSIONS IN SPACE

Guest Al Hounos

more like it

NO EXPLOSIONS IN SPACE

yeah, just poofs

Chaos, you forgot to include the phrase 'the end of the world as we know it'

most of the Mckenna theories don't center around any kind of destruction, but such a massive shift in the way we understand reality that the world as we know it will be gone

Archived