IGNORED

Uranus Funk

thehauntingsoul

Hmm. Needs more variation. These are some nice sounds, but you could condense the whole 6 minutes down to two minutes fairly easily. Try various things like sampling/pitch shifting/coming up with more patterns. In terms of mixing, you might want to identify which sounds are most important to you or perhaps the most important and mix them into the forefront, and I can't really tell what the main sounds are. But you know, everything is mixed kind of evenly, and that's fine. A lot of people like that. It's all taste. Heh, this comment isn't all too coherent. Do you have feedback for my feedback? :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. Looking back on it there's a couple of notes here and there in the main melody that I think I'll tweak, and I might bury the melody further in the mix either using mastering or just slapping some more strange effects onto it. Not sure how I'll tackle variety as I like the flow, but I'll play around.

Man I think it sounds really finished. I see what Brisbot is saying about bringing down to less than 6 minutes but I know what an inordinate amount of work that can be and to be honest it doesn't feel too long as I'm sitting here working on the computer listening.

Mastering wise I can't see that it could do with much else polishing/finessing, only if you wanted to do something more 'creative' as opposed to functional processing. But like I say I'm not left wanting for much though I'm not a big fan of overly mastered tracks any way.

Good choice/variation of sounds in the different parts.

Cheers

Archived