IGNORED

Antape - Fresc

Lucas

Hey,

I made something simpler than usual and I'm curious to have some feedback about it. Electribe SX programmed hip hop beats on the top of some cheese from my new hardware synth (Yamaha CS1x) + a few layers of Monotribe cries. Ah it has some acid as well. Hope you'll enjoy !

[sc5]118245477[/sc5]

my opinions

I'd say that the strength of this track is the background synths and your progression. The heavily reverb'd synths provide a good bed for the rest of your sound, and the track moves forward very well. Your drums are decent, although could use some improvement; they are too repetitive (but structurally they work pretty well). At 2:38 they sound badass. I think your main synth line is too repetitive, and it's kind of annoying. The second half has a better main synth line, although it's still too repetitive. The whole thing is a bit muddy, I might try to do something about it - increase your frequency range maybe? (push something an octave down or w/e). The intro could be more interesting.

I really like the buildup of anger around when it switches synth lines! As I mentioned before, the drums really sound cool at that part. Play that up somehow.

Hey,

thanks for the feedback, it's honest and precise. I do agree about the beats, usually I make them in Renoise and spend a big amount of time fine tuning everything (or say, the most I can before I get bored about it), making every pattern sounding slightly different etc... This time I thought I'd just use the Electribe and ended up in doing something very simple, which works for the structure of the song but should indeed be more varied. It's just four tracks and three patterns (+ a few edits in Reaper). But I'm still looking for a comfortable workflow with that configuration, I should exercise more with it.

I might have over-mixed what you call the main melody (first part) because I don't consider it as so. I actually wanted this first part to be more like a beat on top of some ambient, seeing those synth lines as a whole rather than having one really at the top of the rest.

As for the muddiness of the sound i dunno, I've not mixed it too long but I quite like how it sounds essentially. On which system did you listen ?

thanks again

Listened to it on my SennheiserHD280. I like the intro more on second listen; perhaps you could pull up the cutoff of the filter just a tad for the duration of the intro.

Post the finished version when you're done if you do more with it.

Post the finished version when you're done if you do more with it.

Okey, I'm not sure what will happen to this track but if I go further with it I'll post here.

sounds really good man

thanks ! glad you like

wow, very nice job antape ! enjoyed this quite alot, reminds me about boc. especially the atmosphere did it to me. cant say anything consctructive about this, which is good :)
keep up the good stuff, thanks for sharing :)

cheers

qatarsis

Archived