IGNORED

Amarilline - Lemme know baba

boog strello

Well I've been talking smack on everyone else's tracks (constructive I hope) so pls feel free to have a listen to this my first serious production in a while.

Not been mastered or owt so will be a bit quiet.

[sc5]116303789[/sc5]

Any feedback welcomed, let me know what you think

Cheers

You're playing the airy minimalist angle, which I'm generally a fan of...like Cubist Reggae without the reggae. The opening with the drums spilling in was good, though me personally I'd start with the toms. I'd've loved to hear the whole thing even airier and minimalistier - ultra spare synth blips and atmospheric tones hovering around a room, brief disjointed bursts that only suggest melodic structure to intent listeners

Wut'yuv got is close to that description, but I want to be surprised! I want this track to excite me! I want those cool syndrums & warm synpads to literally come out of my speakers, flip the table over, force feed me a pound of ketamine & yell BETCHA DIDN'T SEE THAT COMIN DIDJA DINGDONG.

That's part of the art thing, isn't it? The life thing? We're always on the move, digging round, expecting to find something unexpected that'll take us back to the new place. And when something gets reas'nbly close, my ears perk up. Buttttt, it ain't quite there yet.

Cheers man, that's really helpful. Yeah I think I get what you're saying about being surprised. I tried in some small way to play with expectations of repetitions but hadn't really put that against the whole track. I'm conscious of not wanting to confuddle people just for the sake of it.

I had to constantly put disclaimers in to friends about it being uncohesive and kinda non-linear so they would listen past that but I hadn't realised how step by step it is.

Thanks a lot for the comments. re the ketamine, some of that influence may have crept in now you mention it. Will check out that Venetian Snares EP. Cheers.

Archived