IGNORED

creating the ULTIMATE music laptop

YEK

what would the specs of a great laptop look like?

maybe like a 3 ghz processor and 1 gig of ram

with firewire for an external soundcard

what is a generous cpu for a desktop computer that let's you run pretty much any vst you want?

what would your dream laptop look like or maybe post some links... right now i'm guessing a laptop with the specs up there^ would be quite expensive

will computer prices drop once vista is released? i'm guessing you will need a hefty (powerful) computer to run it

it's either i buy a laptop in the future or an expensive hardware synth, i think a laptop would be a better idea, better value for the money

what kinda laptops do you guys use..... what should i look for down the road when i purchase this "ultimate music laptop"?

hmm.. ponder ponder

2 3 4 and sometimes 3 times a week .. IT HITS :jedi:

Guest Iain C

I'm waiting for one with a gig of ram, 2ghz processor, and one of those mobile ATI graphics cards for gaming... not top of the range by a long shot but it's gonna be fine for casual gaming, music, and uni work (which is supposedly what it's for :laughing: )

Guest aeser

mac book pro 2.16ghz with 2 gigs of ram and a 100 gig 7200rpm drive and an apogee usb2 audio interface

maybe you guys could tell me your laptop specs and how much it cost than if it is efficient if it does what you want it to do,,, what it's running , how many instances of vsts and such

i'm guessing there are a lot of laptop users here

ah fook it. i think i'll be buying a desktop... so much cheaper plus i don't see myself doing any gigs in the near future :laughing:

i have a dell i9300 with 1.8 pentium m with a gig of ram and a 6800 'cause i'm a gamer. Dell gives the best bang for the buck if you shop around the right time which is the start of summer and the start of xmas.

I'd frequent www.notebookforums.com and look for coupons. i got mine a year ago for $1300 (found a 40% off coupon that saved me about a grand) It's a great notebook and i ahvent had any problems except my DVD died on me but they sent me a new one free of charge anyhow.

Guest test pattern
mac book pro 2.16ghz with 2 gigs of ram and a 100 gig 7200rpm drive and an rme fireface interface

corrected

Guest test pattern
I don't know if music making and laptop fit in the same sentence.

sounds like u dont have a laptop....cuz i make way more music on my laptop than my desktop...i can make music in bed, on a sofa, in a car, outside, in the library, in class...the options are endless....

Archived