IGNORED

Is it even possible to produce a new Aphex Twin album?

Klopjob

Statistically speaking insignificant.

Hey, is that because of that first EDM compilation?

As well as release date it is also whether someone has gotten the release through their google play account. So in this case perhaps aphex going and gigging hard for a couple of years after 2010 got some people to buy his old releases thereby influencing the timeline in the way presented.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think thats the case though. Albums are placed on the timeline based on release date. Not based on the time when they were bought. Google music didnt exist before 1998 either, so the IDM-boom from the nineties should have gone unnoticed, if that were the case. I believe...

This is why i wrote as well as release date. They have gone and gathered the previous sales figures and number of releases for each genre in order to generate their timeline. As far as i understand it, their model involves a number of inputs beyond just release date. Did you read the FAQ?

Nah. Too lazy. I also read your post half heartedly. I still love you though.

That little blip at the end just makes no sense. Unless there was some compilation with an afx track released.

Archived