IGNORED

i got my ancient synth organ

chim

this beast is now taking up space in my room. :laughing:

gemf108vh.jpg

The sound is FAT as hell. when i first turned it on i almost turned deaf.. the volume has to be kept really damn low.

What i like about it is that it's supposed to emulate all kinds of classical instruments but it's all basically just sawtooth waves with different characteristics. I managed to get an arp(!) thing out of it with the drum machine, you can get the lower keyboard to play in an arp pattern, supposed to b e together with the drum and automatic major chord bass, but you can turn those off. The bass you play with the pedals is a pulse bass that sounds great.

Here's an audio clip of me jamming with the arps mainly abit, and attemping to play some bass. Not easy to coordinate between two keyboards and trying to play with your feet! quality is not very good, my mic is shit. i'm surprised i even got some of the bass sound in. :smiling:

http://media.putfile.com/synthrecording

I also now have a yamaha keyboard from 98 or somewhere around that, PSR 230. pretty fun to yam with because it has guide lights for each key. and the whole "auto chord" thing, playing bass and drums with chords. maybe i'll try to incorporate it with the oldie synth and make some cool stuff. Would love to get a better mic so i could use it with my regular music.

Still havent bought any of the hardware i'm planning to, going to try and contact some guys at a music shop and talk with them.

Guest user

Cool, those things are a lot of fun to play with, congratulations.

Maybe you can open it up and add some jack outs?

Shouldn't be too hard to do.

my friend has something semi like this, older. tried convincing him to give it to me, but he wouldn't.

everytime you turn it on, it turns off immediately, and i dunno if i'd be able to fix it, so i don't know.

Guest edge

My girlfriends parents have this exact same organ. I've been dying to get a hold of it even just to sample some of the sounds!

Guest AlexPallas

i couple years ago i was thinking about looting a pipe organ from a nearby church...

Maybe you can open it up and add some jack outs?

Shouldn't be too hard to do.

yeah should be able to grab the out from the speaker connection

Guest Yggdrasil
my friend has something semi like this, older. tried convincing him to give it to me, but he wouldn't.

everytime you turn it on, it turns off immediately, and i dunno if i'd be able to fix it, so i don't know.

i've a friend with a similar organ, called the 'funswinger'. we both spotted it at the same moment at a discount shop in some small backwater midwestern town. somehow, he got it first. oh, how i've rued the day. rued the very day. it's quite a nice piece of equipment, though heavy as hell and doesn't have velocity sensitive keys.

congrats on your find, derelic. like someone said previously, it isn't very hard to add an output jack to something like what you have. the guts are extremely simple, and cavernously spaced.

the arp/drum machine is quite a nice little addition as well.

Archived