IGNORED

F5F's music

Guest Frankie5fingers

Guest Frankie5fingers

So I figured i'd make a new thread for my tracks, the other one was getting too long. so here's the first track i've written in quite a long time.

did this one in one sitting (about 5-6 hours). I'm kinda getting burnt from hearing it so many times and would love to get some different perspectives.

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/untitled/s-ZUyYg

Edit: It's a private track, gotta click the link

So YOU'RE Bewegung Records!

Alright, so... hmmmm... it definitely needs a more interesting build-up. Not much happens in the first minute and a half. I would probably skip the four bars after 0:14 and go straight to the bass and the glitchy beat. But after that, I have no idea what I would do. Maybe a different beat or something? Something a bit more powerful? Also, the melody that plays in the beginning keeps on playing throughout the entire track which is kinda annoying to be honest.

I don't know, man... I think you should redo the track and change the sound of the synths, make a different beat etc., or move on and then redo the whole thing in a couple of weeks when you've forgotten what it sounds like.

Guest Frankie5fingers

So YOU'RE Bewegung Records!

Alright, so... hmmmm... it definitely needs a more interesting build-up. Not much happens in the first minute and a half. I would probably skip the four bars after 0:14 and go straight to the bass and the glitchy beat. But after that, I have no idea what I would do. Maybe a different beat or something? Something a bit more powerful? Also, the melody that plays in the beginning keeps on playing throughout the entire track which is kinda annoying to be honest.

I don't know, man... I think you should redo the track and change the sound of the synths, make a different beat etc., or move on and then redo the whole thing in a couple of weeks when you've forgotten what it sounds like.

i get where you're coming from. That melody that just keeps playing was actually what i built the entire track around. when things kept piling on i forgot about it, ill try switching it up some. the synth sounds to be honest, i dont really like. im probably gonna do as you say and work on them next.

some of the melodies around 2:20 are beautiful, nice work on that!

Thanks, melodies are the hardest for me.

Mr. Fingers, how comfortable are you with music theory? Understanding harmony, how chord progressions are (or can be) built, and understanding rhythm theory could help with making less repetitive music!

Also, what kind of music is this? Is this dance music? Is it thinky music? Is there something you're trying to express (not that all music needs to be an expression!)? Perhaps knowing what your intentions are with what you are writing will help you achieve what you'd like to achieve!

I would love to hear more variation. You wrote some very sonorous patterns that happen to layer very nicely, where will you take them, though?

Let me know if you'd like me to link you to some music theory resources!

Guest Frankie5fingers

Mr. Fingers, how comfortable are you with music theory? Understanding harmony, how chord progressions are (or can be) built, and understanding rhythm theory could help with making less repetitive music!

Also, what kind of music is this? Is this dance music? Is it thinky music? Is there something you're trying to express (not that all music needs to be an expression!)? Perhaps knowing what your intentions are with what you are writing will help you achieve what you'd like to achieve!

I would love to hear more variation. You wrote some very sonorous patterns that happen to layer very nicely, where will you take them, though?

Let me know if you'd like me to link you to some music theory resources!

ive learned enough theory (about 2 years) to get me around whenever im in a snag, i honestly dont wish to learn anymore. but thank you for the offer.

i see what your saying, sometimes i do have an issue (if you could call it that) with repetition but i am trying more to pull away from this to expand my abilities. as for the "what are my intentions" thing, thats a HUGE no no for me. i refuse to let my music be guided by a path, i want it to be completely experimental and spontanious.

thank you for your input, ill see if i can add a little variety.

I enjoy the repetition.

thanks foil.

Archived