IGNORED

'Indiloop' Mashup remix contest

Goiter Sanchez

I was made aware of a bizarre 'remix' contest on a Vancouver-based start-up called 'Indiloop'. The idea behind Indiloop is that they have a bunch of tracks that you take stems from and make a sort of mashup track. It appears to be quite intuitive at doing this but is clearly tailor-made for people who don't know anything about production (the stems pitch/BPM auto-correct to each other, though this can thankfully be turned off as well).

It is very limited in terms of how you can effect the stems you choose (pretty much just pitch, pan and volume) and the tracks on offer are fairly hit-and-miss, but the thing that I like about this context is that these strictures make you work harder to achieve something that sounds good.

And also the top track wins $2000.00.

Info on the context:

https://www.indiloop.com/contest

And the site itself:

http://www.indiloop.com/

Well logically if you can "trim" audio clips, you can make them flip so that they're reversed. Anyway I find the concept interesting and it must be a nice challenge as a musician, but the whole thing seems a little bit too big for the competition to be interesting. imo

Well logically if you can "trim" audio clips, you can make them flip so that they're reversed. Anyway I find the concept interesting and it must be a nice challenge as a musician, but the whole thing seems a little bit too big for the competition to be interesting. imo

Yeah, I am having trouble making something that doesn't just sound like Girl-Talk, but it is possible to make something more fine-tuned with patience.

Archived