IGNORED

Cliven Bundy Range War

doublename

http://youtu.be/idb-YlShggw

Are you following this story? If you're in the U.S., have you seen any coverage of it on TV (I've seen nothing on AJAM or CNN)? There are a lot of videos about this... standoff(?) on YouTube -- share any other interesting ones you come across.

From the LATimes:

"LAS VEGAS – Wielding signs and slogans, several hundred demonstrators rallied Monday to support beleaguered cattle rancher Cliven Bundy and his family in a turf battle against the federal government.

They had responded to an alert promising a new skirmish: “Range War begins at the Bundy ranch at 9:30 a.m. We’re going to get the job done!”

Bundy is battling with federal officials over his cattle's grazing on 150 square miles of scrub desert overseen by the Bureau of Land Management. He has refused to pay BLM grazing fees since 1993, arguing in court filings that his Mormon ancestors worked the land long before the BLM was formed, giving him rights that predate federal involvement. His back fees exceed $300,000, he says.

Officials say Bundy is illegally running cattle in the 600,000-acre Gold Butte area, habitat of the federally protected desert tortoise. Last year, a federal court judge ruled that if the 68-year-old veteran rancher did not remove his cattle, they could be seized by the BLM. That seizure began Saturday."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-vegas-blm-range-war-20140407,0,1480936.story#ixzz2ybmABIkk

Guest fiznuthian

I'll admit I have absolutely no idea what is going on there beyond what you just posted, but i'll support that rancher.

Snipers? Jesus..

All the US media cares about right now is that damn plane.

Massive wall to wall coverage of some dudes looking at sonar readouts.

I'll admit I have absolutely no idea what is going on there beyond what you just posted, but i'll support that farmer.

Snipers? Jesus..

There is almost no coverage of this in the media right now. It's bizarre.

Archived