IGNORED

anyone know where to buy cheap real micro-usb leads?

lala

i bought 2 different packs of 10 because mine always go missing.. extra long, white or black, whatever..

and they are S**T. wont even charge my phone or transfer data from my kindle.. ended up buying a real amazong one for.. wait for it..

a TENNER.

anyone know where you can get cheap real micro-usb's?

:cerious:

Guest M360

This must be common for replacement usbs. I got two cheap on ebay, one died within a week. Crossing my fingers on the second. Ill check out that digikey

I'm UK.

How do I know if these shown are good or just as shit as the ones I bought from amazon/ebay?

They even came with an HTC logo & sticker made 'for HTC one x'

Which they couldnt even charge

ask them maybe before ordering?

Are you sure the source of the power (e.g.: a USB to mains brick or a USB port/hub on your PC) is sufficient? Make sure you're doing an apples to apples (no iphone pun intended) comparison between your old, working method of charging and these cables - they might be just fine, the power source (if different than the original source) might be the factor here.

micro usb is the worst connector in the world imo. I wish everythign was just straight usb.

Yeah, they are difficult to slot in and hard to tell which way they go (at least to these old eyes)

nope. joyrex, me old mate, ive tried every which way i can.

funny enough the plugs ive bought in bulk are fine. i also understand about voltage difference between various apple devices, like iphone not charging ipads etc.. and whats needed for my htc.

this is an issue with the cables.

even from my official htc plug i cant use the phone and charge because it runs out of power. i have to turn it off to even charge it and that takes hours.

when i find any of these leads in drawers i bin them straightaway so i dont try and use it in the future.

- im asking now as my girlfriend left my only decent lead at work and i have no leads left!

once thing i noticed is some of those digikey stock arent even usb 2.0 compliant, or even specified as usb 1.0 - they just have a dash where others have 2.0/3.0 maybe thats it.

like the one you showed me A/D - have you tried that one? its cheap and also isnt usb 2.0 compliant

Well I just went to tkmaxx and bought 3 different ones (one was a Belkin) and they all work ok. Cheapest was £3 and expensive was 4.

They did have a 2.1amp 'fast charge' one for £15 but I don't want to pay that... But it shows that amps are important within a lead for delivering the right power.

the cheap ones I bought were either usb 2.0 or advertised as 'sync, transfer & charge' so thats important..

Yeah don't buy £1 leads from eBay or amazong x

Archived