IGNORED

Movie Music

747Music

Thoughts:

The atmospheric synth that enters around 1:28 really ties the track together. Brings a sort of Yoko Kanno moodiness to the percussion. Speaking of which, I found it interesting the way the beat seemed to stumbled over itself from time to time. Haven't decided if I like that aspect or not, but I'm curious to know what your process/motivations were there. Supersaw synth is suitably visually

What I would have done different:

Initial blippy synth is mixed kind of loud. First 1:28 feels sparse. I would have liked some subtle background elements, or variation in the supersaw synth, or perhaps a bassline complement to the atmospheric lead that I mentioned in the first paragraph. Something spooky that drifts around in the low end (I'm specifically thinking of the one in Schottkey 7th Path...or maybe that other spooky track off SAW85-92?? You know the one)

Thoughts:

The atmospheric synth that enters around 1:28 really ties the track together. Brings a sort of Yoko Kanno moodiness to the percussion. Speaking of which, I found it interesting the way the beat seemed to stumbled over itself from time to time. Haven't decided if I like that aspect or not, but I'm curious to know what your process/motivations were there. Supersaw synth is suitably visually

What I would have done different:

Initial blippy synth is mixed kind of loud. First 1:28 feels sparse. I would have liked some subtle background elements, or variation in the supersaw synth, or perhaps a bassline complement to the atmospheric lead that I mentioned in the first paragraph. Something spooky that drifts around in the low end (I'm specifically thinking of the one in Schottkey 7th Path...or maybe that other spooky track off SAW85-92?? You know the one)

thanks for listening. Ya, I was trying to make the percussion "glitchy", so I was basically trying to randomly insert and edit the sounds to that effect. I'll work on it some more and see if I can get it to flow a little better, while keeping it's glitchyness.

I'll add a voiceover or something to the start to make the opening a little more catching. And/Or, as mentioned, a wandering bass synth.

Thanks again for your input. It was helpful.

The stumble in the beat is great, I like the mood you're trying to set with the pads, think the leveling, mixing can use some more work, imo the pads are much too loud, bass not defined enough besides a kick and some sub, maybe a bassline to counter or emphasize the main melody would be nice to try?

Archived