IGNORED

Splitscreen Friends

Guest brendyman

Guest brendyman

I haven't been here in a long time, but starting now I'm going to make an effort to post here frequently and provide feedback for y'all on your tracks and stuff. I forgot how genuine and honest of a place this was and how awesome you guys are. Some of you might remember me, others might not.

I've worked on a lot of music during the time that I wasn't here, but I wanted to share something that I'm extremely proud of. I've been working on music with a guy I met in one of my classes (a rapper).

Before meeting him I never really thought I'd end up working with a rapper, but here I am.

Anyway here it is: https://clyp.it/suj4a0xi

Tear it apart, be nitpicky, and be brutally honest if you hate it.

Oh, and if you're a fan of They Might Be Giants, the chorus will be a treat for you.

Pretty dope, at first i wasn't huge the the low passed snare but it definitely fit into the atmosphere in the song and made it feel more laid-back than typical hip hop drums which are up front and in your face. Nice melodies, very dreamlike, childlike, nostalgic. My one gripe is the rapper's voice, he just has kind of a high voice, I know this is part of the style and there's not much you can do about it.

What'd you use to make this?

Pretty buttery beat. I like the laid back vocal delivery as well. I've only listened to the track on my phone speakers so can't crit properly. Also are the chorus lyrics taken from They Might Be Giants? Haven't heard that song in a while!

Guest brendyman

That's great, styles of vocal and instrumental match pretty well. Chorus is fun.

Thank you! and thanks for listening

Pretty dope, at first i wasn't huge the the low passed snare but it definitely fit into the atmosphere in the song and made it feel more laid-back than typical hip hop drums which are up front and in your face. Nice melodies, very dreamlike, childlike, nostalgic. My one gripe is the rapper's voice, he just has kind of a high voice, I know this is part of the style and there's not much you can do about it.

What'd you use to make this?

The whole thing was in FL Studio from start to finish. The only sound that didn't come from FL was that trippy echoey panning sound in the breakdown in the middle, I made that using a Korg Kaoss Pad Quad.

Pretty buttery beat. I like the laid back vocal delivery as well. I've only listened to the track on my phone speakers so can't crit properly. Also are the chorus lyrics taken from They Might Be Giants? Haven't heard that song in a while!

Yep, Birdhouse In Your Soul!

Archived