IGNORED

music therapy

cwmbrancity

have any WATMM members ever been involved (professionally or voluntarily) with organizations that adopt and adapt music therapy programs?

i fully understand there are avenues of training for dementia, Alzheimer treatments involving music therapy designed programs, but its all underpinned by stirring memories & sparking dying cognotion and this is something fixed in ptsd.

my own interest is based on the profound help music has been since a long drawn out near fatal car wreck induced rapid ptsd sysmptoms over the last 14months. I get the right/left hemisphere differences (finally), where your logic systems says "this is bit too big for me carry mate, time for some Jameson's, you know i'm right here bud?", while your metaphor/symbol systems wanna get their teefs in so u can sit at a synth for 6/7 hrs and reprocess the head fuk through sound exploration

surely we must all "use" music in similar reasons/ways like this at time....its not all intricacy/bs/social norms,

i'm juts curious given the breadth of learning/variety of life paths of board members if any1 has got involved with something like this and if so how that might've worked out

^^^^^^^^^

indispensable,

have you read the chapter about the Grateful Dead-head who takes Sacks to a concert after this huge memory loss/malfunction? Sacks makes you cry with laughter but never even comes close to over-riding the dignity of the patient's spirit.

^^^^^^^^^

indispensable,

have you read the chapter about the Grateful Dead-head who takes Sacks to a concert after this huge memory loss/malfunction? Sacks makes you cry with laughter but never even comes close to over-riding the dignity of the patient's spirit.

Naw, haven't read it yet. On my reading list

Archived