IGNORED

The Canyon Observer - My Will (Blaž Remix)

Dpek

So, good friend of mine asked me to do a remix to announce their upcoming album. They are a metal band. So I tried to get into a metal headspace. How well I succeeded is up to you :) Enjoy

Heavy! Really solid work man. Maybe try pitching down the hihat/ride/crash that is used every other snare. I don't like the very mainstream (?) dubstep approach to the guitar sample manipulation though, I'd rather see the beat and the guitar riff just play on. Adding layers and changing up the beat. Removing the guitar sample and adding it again like around 1.36. Kind of nitpicking though :p

Give my compliments to the guitarist!

• 1 month later...

Damn, sorry for the late answer, I kind of forgot I posted this here... Hope you'll read this post after all this time :D Anyway yeah, I was thinking about how to bring really cheesy dubstep to a really grimy sludge riffing, cause I thought it would be a cohesive mixture of both worlds. Didn't really want to find anything new, just make a successful attempt at understanding metal, cause it aint really my world. I hope you noticed a bit of a math-metal rhythms in it :)

If you want to hear the original song, here it is:

https://kaparecords.bandcamp.com/track/my-will

Guest Chesney

Crazy. If typical mainstream dubstep had never existed this would be really great. It still is but can't help finding the dubstep aesthetic hateful.

Archived