IGNORED

my twoism

Guest lost cloud

Guest lost cloud

hi all

yesterday I listened to twoism again, but this time in the better conditions! :clover:

I want to share my point of view with you

Before I liked it very much too but I had a feeling of a thing that is unachieved too short, a sample. I have read somewhere that it's a "mini album", I agree. I have to say too that the cover of twoism makes me think about an old tv series called "v les envahisseurs" (invaders) here in france. It is the story about the people from other planets who looks like human but its fake, they are ugly reptiles in fact. the cover is exactly the clothes of that tv shit (that I loved when I was a child) seriev.gif

the description of the tracks (sometimes it may be non sense, but, you know, the right conditions...lol)

1. Sixtyniner

limpid melody well highlighted by the rythm. I thought "those guys sure walked on the moon to write that" at a time a guy talks trough a radio (from the moon?) about beauty, love and that stuff, I found it a bit too flower romantic, if you see what I mean, but I still like it alot

2. Oirectine

perfect melody again with atmospheric sounds. it is a bit "dull" but not a caricature. later in the song there is more and more a feeling of cold death beauty although some times it is happier or stronger in the beats. At the end of the track I imagined a big slow reptile (which is a contradiction but it can be linked with the real identity of the invaders that I told in the description of the cover)

3. Iced Cooly

the quiet start is nostalgic and melancolic for me, about some lost childhood, I don't know. After the song is strangely happy, crazy. This time I heard the sound that comes from market streets in Pekin (I never been there).

4. Basefree

I have a fucking stupid interpretation of this song quite each time I listen to it, just because of its name. Usually the names that boc gives to their songs are little mysteries for me, I think that I don't understand them because they come from another planet, and after I don't care that much, I think too that they may give strange names to really improve this "dark secret side" of their music, they are right because I love that! and I still don't search what it means, it doesn't matter! basefree is the inverse of freebase, the way of smoking cocaine that has been "purified", with the hard rythm of the song it really gives a good illustration of a brain getting KO! Of course I will never try to do that very sad stupid and desperate thing but I think this knowledge comes from all the movies right now, talking everytime about drugs, music too, it is so shitty, it is pollution in my imagination. I think of sharks too, moving very fast in the water and being very agressive against us on the boat, extreme violence. a wellcome atmospheric sound comes in the background, a bit happy. There is terrific beast screams too (the shark), and when you catch that infinite rythm you can not get enough!! I mean it becomes very nice after a certain time, the end is like a run away because the screams come back but far.

5. Twoism

too much harmony a bit kitsch (what i like) rythm that is double (twoism is duality?)

6. Seeya Later

accuracy of rythm and very generous bass, melody that makes fly but still not a caricature, I mean, boc have a very strong style, you can recognize all their songs between other groups in the same move, and the emotions they give are not too heavy, not too tasteless, they seem true, just catched from mother nature and filtred in a disc.

7. Melissa Juice

melody fragile, innocence of a little girl called melissa, she is shy. here the names gives a dimension to the track (or the opposite) because I understand it, quickly.

8. Smokes Quantity

here it is the same; the names is a condition of what I may dream at first, an old guy with glasses, smoking cigarettes, but, a lot lol. after the rythm seems to be the sound made by the hard walk of a soldier hurted in one leg. sometime it is positive there is sounds of beats again, from a parallel world. the end is solemn, serious. with this song that tells me the listening is finished I had a thought about smoke and I understood that the rainbows come from the clouds made by god smoking good stuff!! :laughing:

I still don't know what twoism means. each time I listen to boc it is an other trip. I could write a lot about this but it is boring.

when you listen to twoism tell me if sometimes you feel things that are very different from mines or that are close to them!

Nice thoughts on the EP; I don't know if you were implying the cover image is from the tv series V (what it was called in the US), but actually it's from a movie called "The Killiings At Outpost Zeta" from 1980.

I've always thought the Twoism name referred to the brothers Sandison (BoC). It's like what Geogaddi means to BoC - only they know.

Guest twiddler

I just posted on my favourite album thread that Twoism is my favourite.

Everyone should have his/her own interpretations, but I agree, I always have a visual interpretation of the music... in my head. I'd love to make videos, especially for my own music, but for now, apart from some amateurish shit with a digital mini-camera, i have made practically nothing.

Can you give me some advice - what sofware to use for that - something both simple and still capable of making interesting stuff? Sorry if thats way off topic.

Guest lost cloud

thanks, I think it would be great to share point of views about songs, or albums.

Yes the series is V the invaders I have in my mind, and thx for the info about the cover!

ok beno your back for real now it must be tough work keeping up dual roles

sry I didn't understand, maybe it wasn't for me

Archived