IGNORED

Fossil Aerosol Mining Project - 3.2016

misc

https://fossilaerosol.bandcamp.com/album/32016

a0995359537_10.jpg

"This anniversary year will see several new releases on various forms of thermoplastic polymers. The backlog of completed unreleased albums, however, is such that it is unlikely all will find their way to CD or vinyl any time soon. And as we generally release the work in roughly chronological order, the most recent material tends not be heard for some time. So this spring, we’ve decided to flip the timetable and release a new suite of recordings as they are finished.

The core tracks of 3.2016 were mixed during March of 2016. On the 23rd of the month, elements from several of these tracks were reanimated live in the studio under a Paschal Moon. The result was an additional 23 minutes of real-time compositions.

3.2016 is being made available immediately upon completion as a full-resolution download, while the tiny ones and zeros are still warm."

I think I first listened to this group on A Duck In A Tree. I didn't know this about releasing old music chronologically. I wonder by how much? If the dates on some of the album titles are representative, that definitely makes that interesting. Really curious now what kind of music they're recording these days

Archived