IGNORED

Slow Burner *Serum is a beautiful synth, quite analog*

Brisbot

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/slow-burner

Serum is one of the more beautiful vsts out there. Well worth the $140 I bought it with.

The track was made with wavetables I made of a friend's analog synths.

The filters in serum are crazy good. I absolutely love them. You can get the filters standalone with a vst called 'lfotool'

Incredible Track - Harmor + Serum = lush and other worldly experiences :music:

Thanks for talking up those synths, by the way. They've improved my work in renoise ten fold. Incredible track and incredible soft synths.

Hey, no problem, and thanks for listening! This track doesn't have Harmor... I think. Actually I think the pads might be, I kinda forget ^^. Harmor is amazing for pads, super complex sounding ones you just can't easily get with subtractive synthesis.

You should totally do a WATMM challenge I'm running (well trying to)

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/90717-the-watmm-challenges-june-challenge-started/

Haha good, cuz the album's going to have at least 3 new ones of those :). And a few hash based ones that don't have hash in the title. I'm starting to feel like I may have too many tracks with 'hash' in the title ^^. So I'm gonna start backing off a tiny bit after the album.

Catchy main hook... is that filtering at formant frequencies by any chance? It sounds very vocal-like... and a lovely, melancholic pad too... I'm still after a Brisbot / EvoAva album! If I had to critique this track, then although it starts off and ends somewhere reasonably different (mostly by removing the main hook and adding some pad variety), it seems to unwind rather than rise to a climax. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, but it's certainly unorthodox by pop standards, so make sure you're doing it as a conscious artistic decision rather than wandering into it. It might also possibly benefit from one or two more layers, for a little bit more interest, but I'm not sure. Similarly, you might want to vary things up a bit even more, swapping out more parts throughout the track, but again, it depends on the feeling you're looking to invoke and whether you're trying to make it interesting or hypnotic. Given the genre, my advice might be inappropriate, so take it with a pinch of salt. :)

Archived