IGNORED

Praha

manmower

A couple of years ago when I went to Edinburgh for just a weekend I started a thread here asking for any must-sees or must-dos there. As it turned out, a surprising amount of WATMMers had lived or spent a lot of time there, I got a bunch of great tips and had an awesome stay (amazingly friendly and welcoming locals there by the way, left quite an impression).

Now I'm spending the weekend of July 1-3 in Prague with a couple of close friends and very few plans so far except for a city tour and evening dinner on the Friday. I fully expect there to be way too much to see and do, so knowing that I only have like 2.5 days left, is there anything you think we definitely need to squeeze in? Daytime and nightlife alike.

Thanks in advance, if this goes even half as well as the Edinburgh thread it's going to be a big help. Can't beat insider knowledge. :smile:

was there with my gf recently..

basically we just took long walks & went to various food places which we mostly picked from here:

http://www.tasteofprague.com

the old town center is super duper crowded with tourists / segways etc..

still worth it though if you're in the mood for that.

the National Gallery in Letna was nice, lots and lots of 19th/20th century art..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Gallery_in_Prague

we also enjoyed the area near the big radio tower, for the architecture..

generally, there's bazillions of nice buildings to look at.

for party stuff, there's this one place cross club, which is a kind of steampunk disco.

some guy recommended that to us but said they'd probably play reggae that night, we were like "nope". dunno, it could be real bad? could be fun with drugs or super drunk maybe though. anyway we didn't go, and did not actively look for getting-drunk-things.

int his city, beer is amazingly cheap though in case you're not aware!

Guest Chesney

Haven't been for years but went to a jazz club near the powder tower. Svejk has a wicked sign and lovely stew and dumplings. A rad bar where most things are made with bones and they bring you food and drink you have not ordered and you just consume until you ask for the bill.

Stalin square is really good to skate ha.

Thanks guys! I have to admit I've been about as active as this thread has been in preparing the trip, we're leaving the day after tomorrow and still clueless. We booked a guided tour on the Friday so that could be a good time to scout some places to revisit later on. Maybe I should just relax and enjoy it instead of stressing about making the most of my short stay there, I don't know.

Archived