IGNORED

Beathaven - Instow Hush

flacid

Working on an experiment where I make music based around images that I like. This one shows a small village called Instow that I used to live in. This is a live recording and is probably my favourite tune that I've made so far.

https://soundcloud.com/606303/instow-hush

Let me know what you think :wink:

Very immersive. I ran this one through the hi-fi a couple of times and it really filled the house. I wonder: what's your process like for "translating" what you see into what you play? The connection of between visual imagery and sound is something that's always fascinated me -- I'm the kind of person who tries to make a story out of the album art and the music. But it wasn't really until I first listened to SAW II many, many moons ago that I started thinking about an interplay between images and individual pieces. Your project sounds cool because the imagery has been worked into the "composition" itself. I'm interested to know more!

Very immersive. I ran this one through the hi-fi a couple of times and it really filled the house. I wonder: what's your process like for "translating" what you see into what you play? The connection of between visual imagery and sound is something that's always fascinated me -- I'm the kind of person who tries to make a story out of the album art and the music. But it wasn't really until I first listened to SAW II many, many moons ago that I started thinking about an interplay between images and individual pieces. Your project sounds cool because the imagery has been worked into the "composition" itself. I'm interested to know more!

Thanks for listening dude :beer: - The process is really simple and might have no influence whatsoever but it's just looking at the image and reacting to a feeling. What you create will be influenced by your environment, emotion/mood and I wanted to see how visual stimulus could effect this. I can't prove anything but was fun to try.

nice work man! sounds like an interesting system to fuel your creations - look forward to more :music:

Cheers dude. Got quite a few pictures so will keep trying it. Beats staring at a white wall anyway...

Archived