IGNORED

Anyone had success with transferring iTunes library over to some Linux music manager?

spratters

So I'm finally getting rid of Windows completely but have found it a pain to find a decent Linux program which will correctly import my old iTunes library XML file. Banshee is the closest I can get, it imports some but nowhere near the amount that is in the library. The main reason I want to keep the library similar as it is is because of the play counts and date added, which is what I've always used to work out what I've listened to, what next and so on (I'm a bit OCD about it).

Just wondering if anyone's had any success in importing an iTunes XML file which has, let's say 2TB of music. Looking for a lightweight version if possible, I'm using Mint and even some of the basic players use a fair amount of CPU, it's surprising how bloated some Linux distros are.

Thanks

I really don't know how XML files work but I use Clementine for music listening purposes on linux, great soft and it's quite easy to add your music library. But since it scans the files I'm not sure it relies on the xml file and I did not check if play counts were the same :/

Archived