IGNORED

loud + harsh vs. melodic

Guest Max

this track just keeps getting louder and louder. either needs to be compressed, or just control the volume a bit manually. but then again, i'm listening while trying not to wake my girlfriend..

i like the changes it goes through. the woodwind sounds are effective and interesting. the collection of sounds near the end is nice. this goes many places...

not a favorite from you, but it is interesting nonetheless.

• 1 year later...
Guest tht! tne

i like it but for the abrupt change around 1:10

but then it goes into some interesting tribal thing

just a little note:

this track has never made it into a kind of final stage, and it has also not been released or placed or thought to be released since.

the buildup is like A B C A B , and its like a triple sliced minded sort of an sour orange. the pizzicato sort of thing in the beginning is meant to be playful and the harsh part has to kick that part. the middle sort of tribal part has been placed to introduce this smashup a second time.

i guess in words of a correct track this is really awful. i have been writing it in a special kind of mood and have not been upgrading it.

so if you keep that in mind , you might still enjoy it or whatever. its private purpose stuff in the end. it will never get into any playlist or whatever. :)

Guest Promo

Yeah, I heard this late last night on headphones. Wasn't entirely sure how to judge it 'cause it was quite different. I do like the techno beats through out - they're quite groovesome and some good production in effect. Overall I kinda struggled with it if I was honest but nevertheless I do like individual parts of it. I can very much understand why you called it 'claws of the cat' though.

I think this is fantastic, you're just doing your own indivisualistic thing, I can hear elements of different genres, house, detroit techno, avante garde even jazz, but you blend it all together so well it really comes off. I listen to alot of music on here and get sort of disenfranchised with all the sameness in sound texture and dynamics , this is all over the place and an exciting listen. Thanks.

Yeah, I heard this late last night on headphones. Wasn't entirely sure how to judge it 'cause it was quite different. I do like the techno beats through out - they're quite groovesome and some good production in effect. Overall I kinda struggled with it if I was honest but nevertheless I do like individual parts of it. I can very much understand why you called it 'claws of the cat' though.

Your imagination is one of the things that makes your reviews one of the best ones here - and for some tracks they might be the only reason to ask something. Honestly, i have never seen anything bad from you - though your always making things clear with honesty.

i highly respect you Promo, very reasonable guy you are.

And in a way, just when i read this statement, ...i'm glad i didnt try to change the track into an "understandable" version :D or even broke with the build. i liked the effects in the track a lot myself, and i remember i wanted to use at least SOME of that track to do another - but i badly failed several times.

And yeah, thank you Jaffa too. This thread turns out to be good. 2 years later, but anyway. :)

Music is an interstellar language. And its the best i can do. See Project168.3 for other stuff that just hopped out of mind that time.

Archived