IGNORED

'Plateau'

lyst

I dig it! I'd like to hear more of the piano part more raw by itself like at 2:38, then instead of bringing in the other swelling stuff with it bring it in separately and alternate between those two modes. Something about the drums doesn't quiet groove right for me.

Thanks for the listen and the thoughts.

The drums i've tried to do something different than any of my other tracks.  Almost tried to go a little bit more house / dance type beat.  

Actually the melody and the song structure was done a while ago, but the drums / percussion took a few weeks to put together.  Scrapped whole ideas and started fresh, etc.

So yea, thanks again!

I dig it! I'd like to hear more of the piano part more raw by itself like at 2:38, then instead of bringing in the other swelling stuff with it bring it in separately and alternate between those two modes. Something about the drums doesn't quiet groove right for me.

Yeah, I actually totally agree with wavesounds. Another thing, I think the built-up to the drums and the breaks could be more effective. The drums just sorta jump in from nowhere right now. About the drums, are they at a constant velocity? I think you could easily breathe some life into them simply by messing around with the velocity - especially during the fills so they don't sound so mechanic.

Production-wise though it sounds brilliant! Everything just pops and is loud and clear. Great job! :) 

Thanks for listening and thoughts. The drums are drum hits and recorded sounds padded with other drum hits and recorded sounds all at different velocities. Not sure how much more id be willing to spend on such minor detail.

Also. Everything on it was done with certain intentions and for certain reasons.

Archived