IGNORED

Dali grooves

zoix

Hey,

New track, thoughts!

- Sampled a little story from a documentary on youtube in shitty quality, does it work? Sometimes it might be hard to hear what she says but that's just how it is

- Before the part with the voice sample it's pretty sparse. Just the beat, bassline and some FX. Is that interesting enough? It's a house track so there is bound to be some basic boom boom in the beginning I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/zoixx/dali-grooves

It's a little dark. I didn't catch most of the sample, though. I think it will fit nicely in some weird house set, though I would like the song to have a little more character. I don't know where to start though, maybe I'd add some more saturated and lo-fi drums or make the bassline or the sample stand out more. As it is now, the "soul" of the track is there alright, but it needs a little enhancement in my opinion. :)

It's a little dark. I didn't catch most of the sample, though. I think it will fit nicely in some weird house set, though I would like the song to have a little more character. I don't know where to start though, maybe I'd add some more saturated and lo-fi drums or make the bassline or the sample stand out more. As it is now, the "soul" of the track is there alright, but it needs a little enhancement in my opinion. :)

Thanks! I think I'm not used to the amount of high end on my monitors; I think they sound brighter than what the sound is. I've also gotten a bit afraid of high end frequencies, I think a track might sound cheezy with too much high end.

I'll look at the eq:ing and the voice sample. Perhaps add some melodic element to add character during the first part of the track.

Thanks! I think I'm not used to the amount of high end on my monitors; I think they sound brighter than what the sound is. I've also gotten a bit afraid of high end frequencies, I think a track might sound cheezy with too much high end.

I'll look at the eq:ing and the voice sample. Perhaps add some melodic element to add character during the first part of the track.

For what it's worth, I think the frequency balance in the mix is completely ok, at least on my Sennheiser in-ears.

After listening again, I think this track is one of those which is supposed to be listened to in a context of a dj set, so with that in mind I would only bring out the bass (or brass) a bit more. But I think it would fit nicely in some special kind of dark and moody set as it is already. :)

The bass and brass now reminds me of this song:

For what it's worth, I think the frequency balance in the mix is completely ok, at least on my Sennheiser in-ears.

After listening again, I think this track is one of those which is supposed to be listened to in a context of a dj set, so with that in mind I would only bring out the bass (or brass) a bit more. But I think it would fit nicely in some special kind of dark and moody set as it is already. :)

The bass and brass now reminds me of this song:

Cheers for the feedback mate! I kind of think the same. It's not a standout epic track but it will do the job on the floor I hope. Will only tinker with it a little more - looking at the bass and such and then leave it. I think introducing like a main melody or something will alter the tracks direction and mood completely.

Cool track btw. Again, thanks for the input :p

Archived