IGNORED

Ultrawide monitor for work / television / movies (not gaming: gpu too shitty)

Berk

I'm sure we have some people in here with a lil computer monitor knowledge.

I'm looking to buy a monitor, because I work at home 1 day a week, and I don't have a TV yet so I sort of want to use it as a TV as well (hook up laptop and watch movies).

I saw an ultrawide monitor from LG with the resolution 2560*1080. (the LG 25UM58).

Now, I have a laptpo with an Intel integrated graphics card (HD 520). Which is pretty crap, but it can handle some office work and movies and light gaming. I'm not planning to use the monitor for gaming though.

My question in short is: does my laptop support this shite at all? i.e. can it handle the resolution etc.? (I'm asking because my laptop screen 'only' supports 1920*1080 

thanks!

Ah thanks Eugene. Is it just the CPU that matters tho? Or also the gpu?

I have a

Intel® Core™ i3-6006U Processor

3M Cache, 2.00 GHz

It says it supports the resolution

Ah yes found it "This chip incorporates the HD Graphics 520 GPU operating at 300 MHz with a burst frequency of 900 MHz"

Thanks again!

(I'm out of the loop about computers a bit)

on a second thought, i think it's actually safer to check the actual specs page of your laptop itself. it will probably be identical to the intel specs, but just in case they messed with it somehow.

Ah yeah I think it has this CPU (so also gpu) for sure.

One more thing - I also found a thread somewhere on another forum with a person that had problems because he was using an adapter (Displayport - HDMI). But the monitor has HDMI and my laptop as well, so I should be fine right? Or do some monitors only support high resolutions when using the Displayport, port? Sorry if this is a stupid question

( my laptop only has HDMI , no Displayport)

Archived