IGNORED

Masayoshi Iimori

Lane Visitor

Just discovered this new kid from Japan on Fool's Gold's site. Seems to be mashups of hardcore/rave/dubstep, which isn't anything I haven't heard before, but his production chops and forward thinking is pretty awesome. Love the packaging and visuals as well.

dat bass at 1:13. it's like dude extracted the only redeeming elements of all that filthstep and wub stuff, but took it to a slightly newer place with a cool retro 90s hardcore environment.

Just discovered this new kid from Japan on Fool's Gold's site. Seems to be mashups of hardcore/rave/dubstep, which isn't anything I haven't heard before, but his production chops and forward thinking is pretty awesome. Love the packaging and visuals as well.

dat bass at 1:13. it's like dude extracted the only redeeming elements of all that filthstep and wub stuff, but took it to a slightly newer place with a cool retro 90s hardcore environment.

edit - this one too and that album cover

HARDCORE_465.jpg

sounds good, a lil too cheesy for me but nice.. that first track reminded me a lot of the squire of gothos sound a la

https://bangface.bandcamp.com/track/walkin-manz-klub

oh yeah i hear that style too, cool track. yeah the ones i posted are definitely on the edm/theatrical tip, but it struck me as standing out from the crowd. it seems like the next generation of kids who grew up on anime and playstation/ x box , social media and daws/soft synths have a different perspective and it's kind of cool to see things tape shape. The cyberpunk / VR style comes so naturally to them, which makes total sense. It reminded me of the movie I saw in theaters a yr or so ago- Nerve - similar visuals, bright and neon, ravey, but  a newer evolution, and the sound track with all kinds of very high def/techy sound design. Crazily enough, I even heard vaportrap elements in that movie which goes to show how much internet culture/micro-genres play a role to shape the larger culture around it.

Archived