IGNORED

Non Est - Mysterious Creatures Lurking the City Park at Night + other tunes

NonEst

So I've done a couple of songs the recent year(s), I have a non existent fan base and therefore needs someone to tell me if this is total trash or not! My mix is on the sloppy side, I know this, but I am more into making melodies than tweekin the EQ levels. I thought I could share some of my recent songs, let me know what is working and what is not.

Unconciliatory Dialogues

Mysterious Creatures Lurking the City Park at Night

Something Somewhere Somehow

Doxe De Venexia

Thank you for your time! Now I'll go back and listen to your tracks! :)

I listened to the first, and it's got some nice melodies, and the mix is soft and easy on the ears, at least on my headphones. I don't really mix so I can't comment too much on it. Maybe try to separate some of the sounds a bit more, or create some stand out timbres.The melody kind of stays in the same pocket throughout, a sudden shift could be interesting. Neat use of toms. Drums are a bit static to me though... or a little straightforward. Although sometimes mine are pretty static too.

I think a lot of it comes down to taste. Not too big a fan of up front sampling like that. I like more variation and unpredictabilty. Sudden shifts, evolutions, devolutions, morphing timbres. Not that i always practice this, a lot of my recordings are just jamming and tweaking.

Just listened to the last two, think i like them the most.

Archived