IGNORED

Alesis ION

Guest Shining Rock

Guest Shining Rock

So I'm ready to make the leap from software to hardware and of the research I've done

the ION seems like a great choice, I love the analog nature of it, the physical knobs, the hands-onness

of it all, so my question to you informed experts is: is 350 worth it for this keyboard?

almost bought one for 400 euros; it has a great interface, huge feature set (just the amount of filters alone), and it sounds like a gorilla on crack. got a waldorf microwave xt though, because that one sounds like two gorilla on crack. at the same time.

I would not consider moving to hardware a leap. Whats the point of getting hardware unless you want to learn synthesis, play with a band/live gigs, or if it is one-of-a-kind (or analog)? Otherwise I dont see the point.

Guest man with no name

sold my micron(which has more features than the ion, but less knobs) a week ago. It was nice for a couple of months, but then I got tired of it. I suggest you get something else...

Guest Shining Rock

well i'm interested in playing with my friend who plays guitar, lending textures and synth parts and doing drum machine duties

so yeah i do want hardware, plus there's something about having a physical piece of equipment that you can't compare to virtual representation

so if you guys don't recommend ion as a cheap starter synth what should I look into? my price range is max around 500 so keep that in mind

thanks!

Guest nme30

im considering it at the moment, from testing it seems like a really smooth synth, sounds like a plug in tho... which isnt so bad considering the price, but its still very tweakable, the distortion is crap if u looking for super mad grimey reeses but nothing a few stomp boxes or hardware cant do.. apparently the phaser is excellent...

on the cons i heard sum really bad shit yesterday about the knobs being faulty ; once this guy was tweeking some parameters and all of a sudden one of the knobs value shifted randomly to another number , ruining his patch, he sent it to alesis and they fixed it

then he was trying to link it to a sequencer and the tempo sync on the effects wouldnt work, it wouldnt match the modulation wit his sequencer, he sent it in , they fixed some shit but apparently it still can sync properly.

it seems like quite a big problem as i would like to link it with my pc for that, hopefully if i get it (which i wan to) i wont have to get an outboard sequencer (tho i would really love one, but its the cash flow that dont like that idea)

anyone have anymore issues, i can post up the exact words of what he said about the ion if anyone is interested , he was comparing it to a virus ti ..

ive heard alot of good things about it tho, i still want an ion baddd

Archived