IGNORED

microkorg?

beno

You could also get a used Micro Modular, and learn alot more about synthesis using it.

Might give up some polyphony though, I don't know how much the Microkorg has, but unless its mono, most likely more than youll get out of the Micro Modular.

You could also get a used Micro Modular, and learn alot more about synthesis using it.

Might give up some polyphony though, I don't know how much the Microkorg has, but unless its mono, most likely more than youll get out of the Micro Modular.

MK has 4 voice poly, unless you layer and it becomes 2 voice.

So same amount as the micromodular although you lose voices more quickly with the modular.

I own a mk and like it but depending on your understanding of synthesis and willingness to edit and explore the modular might be a better choice.

Oh and if you just want the vocoder and like to solder, or know somebody who does, definetely go with iep's suggestion.

So same amount as the micromodular although you lose voices more quickly with the modular.

I own a mk and like it but depending on your understanding of synthesis and willingness to edit and explore the modular might be a better choice.

Oh and if you just want the vocoder and like to solder, or know somebody who does, definetely go with iep's suggestion.

Yah trust me unless you're struggling to try you aren't getting much more than 2 voices out of the Micromodular. Most of the time only 1. Still though, I'd opt of the little red box. Because Im so impartial!

Guest Iąїn Ċ

If all you want's a vocoder beno, FL has a fairly decent one built-in. Of course you may not be using FL!

Yah trust me unless you're struggling to try you aren't getting much more than 2 voices out of the Micromodular. Most of the time only 1. Still though, I'd opt of the little red box. Because Im so impartial!

true (about the polyphony). the micromodular is alot more flexible than a microkorg, but it is pretty complex and you need a pc nearby to edit it (some people prefer having a huge computer monitor to edit on over a small LCD-screen though) - not to mention that it has no keys (although the microkorg keys are almost just a gimmick and are kinda toyish).

both sound surprisingly good for such small machines though! the microkorg with its great sounding, more 'basic' timbres, and the micromodular with its huge, wide range of sounds (and don't forget that you can use the micromodular as a killer FX box too, so you could have it act as a customized vocoder coupled with 24db bandpass filter and maybe some more exotic stuff thrown in the effects chain for instance). personally i'd get a cheap 2nd hand micro modular and a small, 4-5 octave midi controller instead of a microkorg, but you can't go wrong with a cheap microkorg either, just make sure the main dial-edit-knob still works properly..

All very true.

I guess its hard for me to understand why people wouldn't want modular synthesis. It's become such a part of why I enjoy sitting down to make noises, it's like saying "I'd like to be a person without eyelids" or something. But then again, I don't mind it being attached to my PC.

Also you needn't really worry about the MIDI controller imo. The keyboard floater is good enough to just hit a key and hear what you're working on, and its easy enough to have your favorite MIDI sequencer open in the backround ready to hit play when you want to hear it in a melody.

Guest αnalogue ψings

1.jpg

They say the Boss SE-70 (about 9 years old - good value on ebay) has a really good vocoder

Guest 死んでく

1. Will gradually go down in value, losing your money over time.

2. Will sound like the current fashion of the last couple of years, therefore making your sounds out of date soon.

3. Will sound all digital and gay and lame.

4. Probably not much difference between this and MS 2000, except for smaller and more fashionable looking.

5. Can buy an SH 101 for cheaper. Fuck polyphony when you've got something that sounds great.

Guest αnalogue ψings

2. Will sound like the current fashion of the last couple of years, therefore making your sounds out of date soon.

4. Probably not much difference between this and MS 2000, except for smaller and more fashionable looking.

5. Can buy an SH 101 for cheaper. Fuck polyphony when you've got something that sounds great.

*Waits for the Mosca Police to arrive*

:fear:

Im sure every young musician feels their instrument purchases are investments first, and sound generators second!

It will sound however inspired its user wants it to sound.

This is pure crap. I might as well say "An SH-101 would sound all analog and gay and lame.

I missed the part where the SH-101 had a vocoder?

Guest cosmonaut
PAiA Vocoder

analogue vocoder kit by paia, very cheap for what you get

this looks really interesting to me. do you have one? (or anyone for that matter)

Archived