IGNORED

Need help

Mozex

I send my song "A New Beginning" to LANDR to release it on spotify and got this mail back:

Hey there,

Thanks for releasing with LANDR!

Looks like you may have used samples or borrowed content in your release with UPC 628810763139.

No worries, this happens a lot. We’re here to help you avoid problems with your music after it’s released.

We just need to double-check that you have permission to use any copyrighted material.

Here’s how to get your release live as quickly as possible. Reply to this email with:
- Any beat license(s) and proof of payment
- The source of your samples (DAW, sample marketplace, etc.)

If you’re releasing a remix, reply to this email with:
1. Authorization from the original creator for use of the composition
2. Authorization from the master recording owner to reuse the audio

If you are moving previously released tracks, reply to this email with:
- The name of your former distributor

The faster you reply the quicker we’ll be able to get your release live!

Thank you for your patience,
The LANDR Team

I do not understand, I used no samples, not even for the drums? Are they maybe talking about license of plugins?

Hey dude!

I think this is an issue of the automatic algorithm which checks for copyright stuff. It's not 100% accurate so it keeps flagging completely original material.

I suggest that you do this: reply to the e-mail and tell them that you did not use any samples or beats from anyone else, and maybe also send them a list of the VSTs that you used in the project. 

Don't worry too much about it, this happens a lot because the automatic copyright checking is made to be more strict because big record companies want to get paid. If they are not nasty people, then LANDR will reply and let your song pass.

Once I had my songs on YouTube flagged for copyright, I just used YouTube to submit a response to them and said "it's my own material" and the issues went away.

Archived