IGNORED

tyondai braxton - central market

Guest chunky

The aural equivalent of a dining room filled with manure. And Warp expect us to pay them money for this sonic excrement.

Fuck, you guys are not feeling this?

whatever...

you will all be loving it soon enough, once it sinks in...

one listen doesn't cut it with this release...

Guest Glass Plate

That sounds nothing like Mike Patton. One pitch-shifted vocal gesture transposed a couple of times does not equal Patton.

It's not bad, but it's also nothing to write home about. The spirit of the piece reminds me of Zappa more than anything. There was another cut off of this album on the Warp site a few weeks ago (Uffie's Woodshop) that was pretty cool.

Was anyone else kind of bothered by the lack of strong low-register instruments in these two songs? The recordings sound so thin.

some reason I thought I had mentioned both of these, but I guess I said it out loud and not in this thread. He uses similar compositional (instrumentation especially) ideas as Zappa, but fails to have the same quality/production to make it work. If I remember correctly (have not taken the time to listen to this album again) the entire album is pretty thin like that. Which can be intentional, but doesn't work well in this situation. The album just feels like a lot of amateurism with enough money put into it to sound like it's more than that.

Yeah, this record sounds lazy in its production and composition...

what the fuck ever....

It's great, listen to it again, all of you haters....

Guest abracadabra

Don't like it that much. I agree with all the negative responses. Maybe I'll listen to it again but I doubt it'll change much from my first impression. Sorry Atop.

Are there chipmunks on this album? I'm listening to the sound clips on Amazon right now and don't hear any. So I might be interested in hearing it after all. I was confused by the Mike Patton/Bungle comments at first, but now that I hear the sound clips, some of it does remind me of Patton's work, particularly on this year's Crank2 soundtrack. Oh I hear some vocals...but not chipmunks. The fact that it is more orchestral sounds interesting too. However, I'm put off by the comments that the production is thin...this does not appeal to me. Well, I'll probably check it out...with average expectations.

• 5 years later...

Archived